Unsure about breast aug, too high? (photo)

I had a BA 8 weeks ago, HP, 325 cc, round implants sub muscular. I feel like one of the breasts are riding a bit high. It's more noticeable in person than on photo. Have been massaging it daily the last month. Will this correct it self do you thing or do I need to have a second procedure? Also wondering if I should have gone bigger.

Breast augmentation results

+1
If the implant is high due to inadequate release of muscle or incomplete descent or capsular contracture, maintaining the submuscular position is reasonable. Find a plastic surgeon with who performs hundreds of breast augmentations and breast augmentation revisions each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Washington DC Plastic Surgeon

Breast Enhancement Surgery

+1
Totally normal swelling, great size and symmetry, you are going to love it in a  few months when it settles

Ryan Neinstein, MD, FRCSC

Implants and issues

+1
At 8 weeks post-op the breasts are still settling into the pocket. Give it at least 3-4 months and sometimes a bit longer.  

Implants high?

+1
It is not unusual for implants to b a bit high and a bit uneven at 8 weeks. Massage and time are likely to lead to a great result. Certainly looks fine and normal t this stage. Keep taking photos so you cn see a steady improvement. 

Terrence Murphy, MD
Englewood Plastic Surgeon

Unsure about breast aug, too high?

+1
Without an IN PERSON examination I see a very very excellent result. Best to continue to do downward compression on the breasts. 

Good Outcome

+1
Thank you for your pictures.  I think your implants and your outcome is very good.  I would not think  that a revision is your future.

Dr. ES

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

Unsure about breast aug

+1
There appears to be mild assymetry with  the right side riding a bit higher. It however is still too early to be concerned. The settling process can take 4 to 6 months. You should discuss your concerns with your PS. There are some options to help accelerate settling such as an upper breast Velcro strap. You can place more downward pressure on the right side with gauze under this side of the strap, etc.

Jeffrey K. Scott, MD
Sarasota Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation

+1
First and foremost you're in good company. All patients who undergo breast implant surgery look too big, too tight, too high, and too swollen early on.

In my own practice I tell my patients that it will be about three weeks before they even believe that they're going to come down, by about 12 weeks I will know and you will know you are high,but no one else will care, and ultimately your most natural result will come between six and 12 months after surgery.

Some patients can take longer to drop than others depending on the size of the implant and their anatomy. For example, it will take longer for a 500 CC implant stretch and relax the skin and muscle than a smaller implant. A more muscular person with a sub muscular implant will take longer for the implant to drop as well.

Share your concerns with your plastic surgeon, who I suspect will walk you through this and confirm that your normal.

Marwan R. Khalifeh, MD
Chevy Chase Plastic Surgeon

BBA

+1
It's difficult to determine the problem with these photos.  Your breasts look quite symmetrical.  As for size, I don't think you need anything bigger, but it's a personal choice.  You should get examined by your PS to discuss your concerns regarding symmetry.

Asif Pirani, MD, FRCS(C)

Unsure about breast aug, too high?

+1
The slight asymmetry that you refer to is visible in the pictures posted but overall it appears that you have a very nice outcome. I would suggest that you continue to exercise patience and evaluate the outcome of the procedure performed approximately 6 months after it was performed. Best wishes.