I Am Unsure on Whether I Have Bottomed out or my Doctor Purposely Placed the Implants Lower to Make Them Look Natural? (photo)

My nipples are really high and my breasts are lower than I had wanted.

Am I bottoming out

+1

You didn't state what procedures you previously had but from the photos you posted, it appears you had a breast augmentation with a lift.  Seems that the distance from your nipple to your fold is long, perhaps from the natural aging process and skin laxity (pre-op photos would help), but no, it doesn't appear that you are bottoming out.  You can have a secondary mastopexy to perk up your breasts again if it really bothers you.  Discuss your options with your surgeon and go from there.  ac

Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation with lift

+1

Based on your photos, it seems like you had breast augmentation with full lift awhile ago.  Although you do not have "bottoming out," the distance between your nipple to bra crease line is fairly long.  If your "natural look" is bothering you, this can be revised.  Please talk with your plastic surgeon about revision surgery.

Sugene Kim, MD

Breasts Fullness in Wrong Place

+1

Thank you for your pictures.  It is hard to say how this happened but the fact is that you have too much fullness of the lower aspect of your breasts.  This is correctable.  Revisit with your PS to see what strategy he/she would recommend.

Dr. ES

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

Long vertical distance below nipple after lift and augmentation

+1

Thank you for your question and photographs. As noted below, it appears that you have had a breast lift combined with an augmentation.  This is a very challenging operation when combined because the lift part of the operation often "fights" the augmentation part of the operation.  With time, the lower pole tissues below the nipple can stretch.  This certainly varies from patient to patient, but as a rule I try to keep this distance short (6-7cm) at the time of surgery, because I know most patients will stretch with time.  As the tissue stretches out, the nipples can rotate up somewhat.  To correct this you would likely need a horizontal incision to remove some skin and breast tissue in the lower pole.  This will result in a shorter nipple to inframammary fold distance and should correct your problem.  Discuss with your board certified plastic surgeon. Good luck!

Matthew H. Steele, MD
Fort Worth Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation and lift

+1

You do  not look like you bottomed out, but the nipple to fold distance may be a bit long. It is better to be seen in person to be properly evaluated.

Not bottoming out, too long of a vertical distance below the nipple

+1

It appears that you had a breast augmentation and a breast lift.  The vertical distance between your inframammary crease and the nipple is long.  This is not bottoming out.  This vertical distance needs to be decreased to about 8 cm you appear to be greater than 10 cm.  A revision may be needed if this does not improve. 

Mastopexy Augmentation result could be improved with lower pole tissue resection

+1

It appears that you had a breast lift and implant done at the same time. You may have 'extra' breast tissue in the lower pole of each breast that could be (or could have been) removed for a tighter lower pole contour. This 'reduction-augmentation- technique is an effective way to shape the breast.

Scott C. Sattler, MD, FACS

Bottoming out

+1

Hello and thank you for your question.

It's very hard to judge by your photos and not knowing what procedure you had done previously. With that being said if you are concerned you should follow up with your plastic surgeon so that he/she may better assess your specific situation.

Good luck to you

David Cangello, MD

Breast Implants

+1

It looks like you had a lift and an augmentation.  Please verify as it is difficult to advise you without more info.  Before surgery pics would also be of benefit to us.  It does look like you have more fullness in the lower pole, but depending on your pre-op photos, this may still represent a good result.  

Asif Pirani, MD, FRCS(C)

I Am Unsure on Whether I Have Bottomed out or my Doctor Purposely Placed the Implants Lower to Make Them Look Natural?

+1

Implants? A Lift??? What did you have done?? Also post a before photos Thanks! Than we could attempt to guide you//