Unsettled Implants After 7 Months?

I had breast implants > 7 months ago. i am petite and opted for a small size ( i got 235 ml of silicone implants) . I did the exercises. I started running after 1 month of no gym. my implants never really settled and Over the past 2 month hve been rising up. It is called upper pole fullness per my surgeon who told me to really press hard on my upper chest to try and pull them down which has not worked (tried for 1 month). what did i do wrong? Am i not capable of having implnats? What to do?

Unsettled Implants after 7 Months

+1

I would recommend a return visit to your surgeon.  I always want to know if there is anything that does not look right.  Kenneth Hughes, MD breast implants Los Angeles, CA

Post op

+1

There is not much settling that will happen after this time. A revision may be necessary with exchange or repositioning of the implants.

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS

Unsettled implants

+1

If at seven months the implants are now rising, you may be developing a capsular contracture.  Best to be evaluated.

High Breast Implants

+1

Your Implants have either settled high or may be high due to capsular contacture. Check with your surgeon as there are options to make it better such as medicines, massage, or perhaps a surgery.

Michael Horn, MD

Unsettled Breast Implants after 7 months?

+1

I'm sorry to hear about the concerns you have after breast augmentation surgery. Although it is not possible to provide you with precise advice without direct examination or viewing pictures, I think it is safe to say that most patients are “capable” of having breast implants. You may be dealing with an issue of breast implant malposition or displacement;  there is also the possibility of breast implant encapsulation playing a role.

Of course, your plastic surgeon is in the best position to advise you after direct examination.  If still in doubt, a second  opinion from well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons may be helpful to you.

Talk to your surgeon

+1

Seven months is plenty of time for the implants to have settled into position and your muscle, breast and skin to stretch and accommodate the implants. Ask your surgeon if the implants are too high or if you have a capsular contracture. "Rising up" is concerning for a capsular contracture. There are options for both.

Armin Moshyedi, MD
Bethesda Plastic Surgeon

Unsettled Breast Implants???

+1

Sounds like you could be in the early stages of making a capsule.  This is rare, but can happen.  I suggest you see your plastic surgeon for an evaluation, and express your concerns.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD