Unsatisfied with Resin Veneers? (photo)

Hello, I just had dental bonding done and am not satisfied with the results. I feel they look too big and don't match my bottom teeth well. I was reassured by my cosmetic dentist that I would be happy with the results when he showed me the mould but I feel very depressed about how they turned out. There was minimal filing and I have an appointment in two weeks time to do touch ups. What are my options? Will I be stuck with these big teeth forever or can it be fixed at all? I feel very regretful.

Porcelain veneers

+1

I believe there are better aesthetic results with porcelain veneers than with dental bonding. Porcelain veneers look more natural and sice they are made with a thin layer of porcelain it can look less bulky and more natural, like natural teeth, of course with the proper prep of the teeth. Remember those pieces can always be changed until you are satisfied.

Mexico Cosmetic Dentist

Unhappy With Resin Veneers

+1

The solution may not be as invasive as you think to address your concerns.  Perhaps having your dentist do some slight adjusting on the shape of the "edges" of the veneers to round them off would give them a softer appearance.  They can also be shortened slightly if needed.  Keep in mind, that it is not normal for you to see our teeth that shape.  Give it a few weeks before doing anything drastic.  I am sure that your dentist is open to making the necessary changes that would make you happy with the result.  Good luck.

Scott Young, DDS
Houston Cosmetic Dentist

Unsatisfied

+1

Your teeth definitely have a new shape to them.  At first this change will seem and probably feel odd or large.  Partly because they are larger.  It takes time for your mouth to adjust to changes, you've had years of your teeth being one way and now they are different.  That being said, I know very few dentists who would want any of their patients unhappy with the work done by them.  Make detailed notes, draw pictures, find pictures to bring in to your dentist to give him ideas of what you are looking for.  It sounds like he is working hard to find what you are looking for, he may just need a little more direction from you.

Don W. Ririe, DDS
Portland Cosmetic Dentist

Unsatisfied with Resin Veneers? (photo)

+1

Resin or composite veneers (or bonding) can be a very mild way to change the look of your front teeth.

It is not unusual when you have a major bonding done, that you need follow up and even re-contouring.

Right now, I would make a very specific but short list of what you would like changed in the bonding.

Call your cosmetic dentist now and see if they can make your follow up appointment sooner. At this point, breathe, and give him a chance to make some substantial modifications. It might even take more than one follow up.

There is still a very good chance that you will enjoy the bonding after it's modified.

Scott Greenhalgh, DDS
Denver Cosmetic Dentist

Unsatisfied With Bonding

+1

It is good your dentist scheduled a follow up so you can discuss your concerns with him.  Possibly some of the bulk could be reduced.  If there was little or no tooth reduction done to your natural teeth, there is no way for there not to be some increase in bulk after the bonding is placed.  But if nothing was removed the good news is everything is reversible so your not stuck with teeth you feel are too big forever.

Donald L. Wilcox, DDS
Phoenix Cosmetic Dentist

Resin veneers to big?

+1

They can always be changed the options are consider full crowns, or porcelain veneers. Remember the more your dentist reduces your natural teeth the more normal the size and shape of the finished restorations will look normal All patients request that we touch their teeth as little as possible but in the end they want them to look natural in most cases it won't happen... good luck

Kevin Coughlin DMD, MBA, MAGD    CEO Baystate Dental PC

Kevin Coughlin, DMD
Springfield Cosmetic Dentist