Unsatisfied with Bleaching Results. Should I Try a Different Method?

After an in-office bleaching with hydrogen peroxide my teeth color improved by one shade at best and is still yellow not white. The doctor told me that that's my natural teeth color and the only way to get white teeth would be Veneers. Is there any other bleaching method that might work for me like Zoom or Brite Smile?

Porcelain Veneers May Be an Alternative

+1

There are different types of in-office whitening; there are the kinds that are light activated and the types that are not. These can have different results in different people. Some people respond better to one type more than the other. I recommend discussing this with your dentist before considering any restorative options. If you find that neither if these options works for you and your objective is to have much whiter teeth, then you may want to consider the option of either composite resin veneers, also known as bonding, or for a more permanent solution, porcelain veneers.

Good luck!

Beverly Hills Cosmetic Dentist

Unsatisfied with Bleaching?

+1

Every persons results vary with bleaching, regardless of the material and techniques used.  Some patients get great results yet others are less dyanmic.  If you have exhausted all the options (whitestrips, take home trays, in office) and not achieved your desired improvment, it may be that your teeth just won't lighten any further.  Your next step would be to discuss with your dentist the options of bonding or porcelain veneers to get your desired smile.

Bellevue Cosmetic Dentist

Keep bleaching

+1

I would try it once more, using the in-office bleaching method.  As long as your teeth are not too sensitive, doing it twice in a few weeks time usually produces nice results.  That, along with using at-home trays, will continue to whiten your teeth.  There is obviouly a limit to what shade each person can get to, but I believe you haven't gotten there yet.

Los Angeles Cosmetic Dentist

Unhappy with the bleaching results after one in office bleaching

+1

Hi Basko....just for old times sake, I would give it one more try before investing your hard earned money into a mouth full of veneers and no longer have your own natural teeth. I do not know what whitening system your dentist uses, but I would try Kor Whitening before I would give up on bleaching. It works well on difficult stains and teeth that are difficult to whiten. You will do an in office chairside whitening and take home trays and another chairside whitening in the space of a week or two.  This should do the trick!  It can even whiten veneers as  it can reach the tooth structure under the veneer!  Good luck and try this before you spend a ton on veneers!

Valencia Cosmetic Dentist

Unhappy wit bleaching result?

+1

If done correctly from your stand point and the dentist perhaps instead of spending more money you may want to consider crowns or veneers good luck also check your diet alot of soda tea coffee or smoking and or red wine will not help the matter good luck

Kevin Coughlin DMD, MBA, MAGD     CEO Baystate Dental PC

Springfield Cosmetic Dentist

Unsatisfied With Bleaching Results

+1

It's hard to tell if another product will be any better. Everyone's teeth are "pre-programmed" to a maximum whiteness that they can achieve. Everyone is different. Perhaps ZOOM, in the hands of an experienced user will achieve better results, but you will not know till you try it.

New York Cosmetic Dentist

Blesching of teeth

+1

Regardless of the method or brand of bleaching solution the final endpoint remains the same.  Typically certain teeth bleach well and others not so well.  To achieve a bright smile some cases demand bonding or veneers.  You should discuss this with your dentist.

Lake Forest Cosmetic Dentist

Teeth Whitening Results

+1

It's impossible to find out if we can significantly whiten your teeth without examining you first. All teeth whitening is similar in that it removes stains from teeth. If your teeth don't have any more stains on them, then they won't get whiter no matter which product we use.  There's no way to actually paint teeth white. You can try another brand of whitening product, but I don't want to get your hopes up too much.  Chances are the results will be similar. 

In our office we use Zoom whitening exclusively. We have 60% patients who get good results (3-6 shades whiter), 10% don't see significant results (0-2 shades) and 30% get amazing results (7+ shades lighter).  It's important to remember that we are all unique and so are our teeth. Results can vary greatly from person to person.

Manhattan Cosmetic Dentist