Unsatisfactory Results from Breast Augmentation?

I'm one week post op and am not happy with the size. I thought they would have been larger. Should I wait until my breast "settle" to decide whether I'm unhappy?

How long before I could get them redone? Do you think my surgeon would charge me again if I'm unhappy?

Breast implants are too small......wants to go

+1

Typically I advise patients to wait a minimum of 3 months to undergo surgery for larger implants. In the meantime we allow time for rthe inplant to expand the soft tissue pocket. We typically ask patients to pay for the new implants and anesthesia.

Size after breast augmentation

+1

Sorry to hear about your unhappiness on the size issue. I would wait a while if you were my patient. Things may change over the first few months.

Do discuss the issue with your surgeon earlier however. Each surgeon has a different policy on redos. I have my patients choose their implants and rarely have size problems. You do want to find out what your surgeon's policy is however.

John P. Di Saia, MD
Orange Plastic Surgeon

Allow 3-6 months to heal

+1

I recommend that you give it at least 6 months and probably a year before you decide to change implant size. You may find after that time that you made the right decision after all and you are happy with your breast size and shape. Best of luck.

Dr Edwards

Michael C. Edwards, MD, FACS

One week post-op is very early to tell much of anything

+1

At one week out many breast implant patients will find their implants a little goofy looking. In any case It's important to comunicate with your plastic surgeon as to what your expectations were before the case, and what you think after as well.

There may be very good reasons seen in the O.R. that he did not go as large.

Again ,one week is very early. Implants typically take months to settle into their final position. If after everything is settled, (usually at least 6 mos, sometimes a year or so), then one can have a discusssion as to going back to get larger implants.

Financial arrangements differ from surgeon to surgeon. Remember the surgeon has costs that he cannot control, (i.e.; anesthesia fees, O.R. fees, etc).

Make sure that you are communicating well with your plastic surgeon. Do remember that one week post op is very early...

Jeffrey Roth, MD