Unsatisfactory Augmentation Results? (photo)

I've always had wierd cone shapped & puffy areola. I thought the best way to fix mild tuberous breast was circumferencial bellini lift, areolar reduction, internal stitching? I had BA in Dominican republic: 325cc high profile, round, textured silicone, subglandular placement. But she didn't do anything with the areolar area ! It's way better than before but i'm not fully pleased because of the areolar area. What do you recommend?

Bigger Not Always Better

+2

Dear Mariaoritz,  From the condition you described before your surgery, you have tuberous breasts, a diagnosis supported by your photos.  Unfortunately, you had only one part of the three components needed to correct your situation.  The doctor made your breasts bigger but not better.  You need to correct the puffy nipple/areolar complex with a circumaerolar mastopexy which is being performed not so much as to lift the nipple but more to control the herniation of the N/A complex which causes the puffiness and size problems.  

Also, the constriction of the lower poles of the breasts has not been addressed.  The bands that restrict the expansion of your lower breasts need to be released to allow the breasts to stretch and achieve a more natural breast shape.

Please consult with a board certified plastic surgeon who has experience with correction of tuberous breasts. You will need another surgery to correct these issues and you may even have to change your implant type, size, or position depending upon your exam findings.  It is not hopeless, but there is more work to be done.

Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon

Tubular or constricted breasts require release of the base of the breasts with re-draping over an implant.

+1

The photograph demonstrates persistence of a constricted breasts probably because of inadequate release of the base of the breasts. Revisional surgery should include releasing the base of the constricted breast to allow for a diameter equaling the diameter of the implant.

Tuberous breasts

+1

It looks like from the profile photos that you have a tuberous breast. It is hard to see everything form this view and an exam in person is key.  Other maneuvers may help improve the shape.

Unsatisfactory Augmentation Results?

+1

You are answering your own concerns. Yes you need a different operation than you received! Especially implant placement! Why not sub perctoral? Why no N/A lift? I guess you got what you paid for by going out of USA. Best to seek IN PERSON US boarded PS evaluations. "The cheap becomes expensive!" 

Treatment for Areolar Herniation in Breast Implant Revision

+1

Areolar reduction with correction of herniation would create the look you seek.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Unsatisfactory Augmentation Results? Tuberous breasts (photo

+1

A circum-areolar mastopexy would be a good option

It will lift and flatten the bulging areolar tissue

Hilton Becker, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

The simple treatment is circumareola lift

+1

As you mentioned you have tubular breast and breast augmentation has made your breast bigger but not corrected the lower pole constriction. You will need to have areola lift/reduction and implant pocket revision.

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Unsatisfactory Augmentation

+1

It is good that you have had some improvement, even though not a complete correction. I frontal view would have been helpful, but at this point a second procedure to correct the puffy areolas would be helpful. This problem is sometimes called "pseudo-herniation."  It is hard to tell whether or not your surgeon addressed this or not, but it can be improved either way.

All the best. 

Correction of “Puffyy Areola” after Breast Augmentation Surgery ( Tuberous Breasts)?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures.

Although it is  difficult to give you good advice based on the photographs only, it may be that you will benefit from additional surgery to improve the appearance of the “puffy areola”. Often, this involves an incision around the areola and removal of some breast gland tissue that has “herniated” into the areola area.

I have attached a link that may be helpful to you in this regard.