Unpleasant Revision Exp. 30's, kids, don't look/feel beautiful. Scars 375R. Symptom signs of healing process? (photo)

I have waited for almost 10 years to finally go thru a revision prior to being unhappy with the first BA and hopefully I didn't repeat myself bc I have spent significant amount of money to get this revise from saline to silicone-sientra. I have had several complication since day 1 Po till now 36 days Po.1.Open organs 2.Open sutures.3.Painful Hyper-sensitivity in my nipples/regenerating 4.Reaction/Infection to medication Fac/Bod.5.Itchiness-internal/external.Unable 2 workYogaREGRET What's NEXT?

Concerns following revision

+2

Your incision is considerably longer then most and I am wondering if your Sientra implant was a textured anatomic or the smooth round implant as the latter can go through shorter incisions. What was wrong with your original results? And was there anything else done at your surgery (such as removing the entire capsule)? Other than that, your early results look quite acceptable and settling will occur to some degree, more so with smooth implants. If your wounds do not seal up, you do have to let your surgeon know.

Healing after breast surgery

+2

I am very sorry to hear about your complications you are experiencing. I hope you are in close contact with your plastic surgeon so he or she may help you through the process. The scars can not be reduced as far as their length but can fade dramatically with proper scar treatment. I know there are multiple scar treatments out there but I AMA big fan of scar guard. But please keep in contact with your surgeon.

William J. Hedden, MD
Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

Concerns after Revisionary Breast Surgery?

+2

I am sorry to hear about your “complications”. I am not sure what you mean by “open organs” but otherwise, based on your photographs, it seems like you are doing well. Unfortunately, with the type of operation you had performed, superficial separations along with discomfort etc occur. You will likely find that these types of issues will resolve without long-term sequelae.

Hopefully, 3 to 6 months after the procedure was performed you will be pleased with the outcome; again, based on the limited photographs provided, it seems like you have quite a nice outcome.

Regreting revision

+2

I am sorry that you are struggling with you post surgery recovery. Looking at your pre and post photos, I feel the correction of the "bottoming out" or low position of the implants has been corrected. The length on the incisions can not be shortened, they are in the crease and with time will lightened. It is difficult to tell from the photos but some of the irritation could be secondary to a contact reaction from the Neosporin or adhesive. Give yourself a little more time to heal.

Roberta Gartside, MD
Reston Plastic Surgeon

Healing After Breast Augmentation

+2

Healing After Breast Augmentation

The photos you show actually look very good. healing can take time. the incisions cannot be made shorter but using tapes, silicone, topical treatments will help.

It may take about three months to settle

Breast Enhancement

+2

I feel bad you are unhappy, from time to time things happen in surgery as it is not a perfect science. I would suggest hanging tight for 3 months. If you hate it at this point you may consider removal of the implants

Ryan Neinstein, MD, FRCSC

BBA

+1
You seem to have a number of issues but without examining you I can't offer any useful commentary.  You should see a BC PS in your area and/or your PS.

Asif Pirani, MD, FRCS(C)