Unnatural Looking Nose After Rhinoplasty, Do I Need a Revision? (Photos)

I had a rhinoplasty 8 months ago. A small dorsal hump was removed, my nose was narrowed a bit and the tip refined. Although I know I have to wait for one year (or more) to see the final results, I feel very unhappy at the moment and regret having the operation. The triangular shape my nose used to have is gone and I think it looks very unnatural now. Can anything be done to fix this?

Unnatural Nose after Rhinoplasty

+1

It is difficult to evaluate your nose with the pictures submitted. However, if your not satisfied, consult with an experienced revision rhinoplasty surgeon. You are right, it is best to wait about one year to decide what can be done to meet your expectations.

Consider Fillers to Refine the Nose after Rhinoplasty

+1

Hi, Pip.

I realize you did not receive exactly what you wanted. I agree with Dr. Schwartz,  that repeat computer imaging

makes sense. Very important to transmit to your surgeon what changes you envision.

Based on what you mentioned as your points of dissatisfaction, seems fillers are a better bet than surgical revision rhinoplasty.  Check that out.

I am sure that in the end, you will be pleased.

- Robert Kotler,MD, FACS

Author, SECRETS OF A BEVERLY HILLS COSMETIC SURGEON

Robert Kotler, MD

Unnatural nose

+1

I'm sorry you are unhappy. You appear to have a result that many people would be happy with. You can have your tip revised to change some of the roundness which is accentuated as it ransitions from medial to lateral. Definitely wait at least a year and have computer imaging before you go ahead with any changes. While not a guarantee it definitely helps communication with you and the surgeon about desired results.

Michael L. Schwartz, MD
West Palm Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon