Are There a Lot of Risks that Come Along with Butt Implants?

Is it highly unlikely that a person will not have complications at some point in time with their butt implants? Can they become infected anytime or does infection usually happen within a few months after insertion?

Yes, there are a lot of Risks with Butt Implants!

+1

Yes!   The fact is that there are MANY complications with Butt Implants.  This procedure has been around for over 60 years, but never got very popular until recently due to the many complications.  Studies show a complication rate of 20-30%!  This is extremely high compared to just about any other plastic surgery procedure that we do.  Many people have to have their implants removed due to infection, pain, rotation, pressure on your sciatic nerve, drooping, not to mention the often unnatural appearance and unnatural feel.   I have done many Butt Implants with a very good success rate, but rarely perform this surgery anymore due to having developed a far superior technique for a procedure often called the Brazilian Butt Lift.  You can see photos on my website if you are interested.  The main issue with either of these procedures is to be sure you choose a Plastic Surgeon with a lot of experience in Buttocks Augmentation and excellent results!
I wish you best of luck

Web reference: http://www.DiscoverTheBeauty.com

Buttock Implant Risks

+1

Allow me to share with you some information that you may not hear elsewhere.   There are only two proven safe and relatively effective methods for Buttock Augmentation: 1) Autologous Fat Transfer (using your own fat, transferring from one area of the body to the other) and 2) Buttock Implants (semi-solid silicone rubber implants that cannot rupture &/or leak).  Both are very good options so what it comes down to, like any surgery, is proper patient selection.  Indeed because at least 50+ % of the fat transferred will melt away within a year, most patients are not good candidates because they lack an adequate amount of fat to harvest.  Thus buttock implants become a very good, safe, and long term reliable option for most patients seeking buttock augmentation (at least in my practice).  I prefer to insert the implants through a single 2 ½ inch long incision over the tailbone (concealed within the crevice between the buttock cheeks).  The implant should always be placed under or within the gluteus maximus muscle.  In this position, the implant is less palpable, less visible, and does not sag or shift/migrate over time unlike implants placed on top of the muscle.  Therefore it is extremely important to seek consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon who specializes in this procedure.  And in this case too, at least in my surgical practice, the infection rate is minimized to ~5%.  Hope this helps…RAS