How Many Units of Dysport is Normal for Horizontal Forehead Lines?

Dysport for forehead

+1

My office charges for neurotoxins by the area rather than the units as patients often become confused with this distinction and the difference in the units needed for Botox vs Dysport.

Typically I use between 30-60 units to preserve animation but give the desired result without looking "static".

I would recommend seeking out a board certified facial plastic surgeon for an evaluation.

Best Regards,

Jacque P. LeBeau, MD

Pensacola Facial Plastic Surgeon

Appropriate dosage of Dysport for horizontal forehead lines

+1

The dose that is appropriate is tailored to the individual patient, but a common dose is ~50 units.  For actors and younger patients that want to maintain their full range of facial expressions while still reducing and softening their lines, I use 20 units.  For patients with large foreheads and extensive forehead lines I may use as many as 60 units.  One thing to keep in mind is that in general, a higher dose will last longer than a lower dose injected with the same pattern.  

Donald B. Yoo, MD

Units of Dysport for Forehead Lines

+1

The severity of wrinkles, the position of the eyebrows and the patient’s goal are the most important factors when determining the amount of Dysport to inject.   I usually never overdo it and if I find that after a few weeks the patient could benefit from more Dysport, I offer touch ups.  It is better to be more conservative when it comes to Dysport to the forehead because too many units can cause eyelid ptosis (drooping of the eyes).  

Paul L. Leong, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Facial Plastic Surgeon

How Much Dysport for Forehead?

+1

Hi Debra.  We usually use 30-60 units depending on how deep the lines are and how many of them there are.  45 is a good average.  Good luck.

Harold J. Kaplan, MD

How much Dysport is necessary for the forehead?

+1

In general, 30-50 units of Dysport is adequate to improve the appearance of lines present on the forehead. However, this may vary depending on the patient. The amount of Dysport necessary to get the desired effect may depend on:

1) Severity of the lines that require correction
2) Time since previous treatment, if applicable
3) Any other circumstances unique to the patient

I would recommend a consultation with an experienced physician, as he/she may be able to best assess your needs. Thanks and good luck!

Jonathan Kulbersh, MD
Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

Dysport for forehead lines

+1

For the horizontal forehead lines, I would recommend using anywhere from about 30-60 units of Dysport.  I recommend that you consult with a board certified facial plastic surgeon for an evaluation.  

Sam Naficy, MD

Units of Dysport Normal for Forehead Lines

+1

Thank you for your question. For horizontal forehead lines specifically with dysport, about 25-60 units is expected. Be certain to be under the supervision of a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon with expertise in injectables for the safest and most effective treatments. I hope this helps.

Sonia Badreshia-Bansal, MD
Bay Area Dermatologist

Start light

+1

Dysport treatment of the forehead is an excellent way to address the horizontal lines but only in an appropriate patient.  Patients with heavy brows or excess eyelid skin are not good candidates.  All that said, I use about 20 units of Dysport in the forehead which is equivalent to about 8 units of Botox.  This is less than many other inject, but my patients appreciate the natural look, maintenance of slight movement, and avoidance of the "frozen look" everyone is concerned about. 

Michael Contreras, MD
Englewood Dermatologist

Dysport for forehead lines

+1

I have used Dysport since its introduction and have had great success with it. On the average an area will require 50 units of Dysport this compares equally with 20 units of Botox. But no one is exactly average and depending on the depth of the lines and patients response more or less units may be required. After your first treatment your physician will have a better idea of what your needs are.

Shahriar Mabourakh, MD, FACS
Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

Dysport on Forehead

+1

Unfortunately there is no magic number... on average it can be around 25-60 units.  Everyone is different and everyones muscle strengths and movements are different. 

Hope this helps.

Dr. Grant Stevens              Marina Plastic Surgery Associates             Marina del Rey, CA          The Institute

Grant Stevens, MD