How Many Units of Botox Would I Need to Prevent Eye Wrinkles? (Photos)

Hello I'm in my early twenties and would like to prevent wrinkles around my eyes. I currently do not have any deep permanent wrinkles so this would be just to prevent the forming of eye crows feet/smile lines. Approximately how many units of botox would I need per eye and how frequently? Also would you recommend anything else other than botox? Thank you

How many units of Botox would I need to prevent eye wrinkles?

+1

This really depends on the individual circumstances of the patient, and an exam would be necessary to provide you with advice. In general, Botox can be preventative. For example, if an individual frequently frowns, the Botox can decrease the frowning, thus decreasing the lines that will appear in the future. However, if there are no lines to correct, then the Botox will not be necessary. I would recommend seeking an in-person evaluation and going from there. Thank you and I hope this helps.

Wrinkle Prevention with Botox

+1

For your case, it looks like I would use between 4-10 units of Botox on each eye to prevent wrinkles. Make sure you use a board certified physician who has experience injecting Botox, to make sure it is done properly.

Sanusi Umar, MD
Redondo Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox and skin care are part of prevention of smile lines

+1

I think you can prevent crows feet "crinkles" by judicious use of Botox (around 12 units per side) 3 -4 times a year. Be careful with sun exposure and make sure you consult with a plastic surgeon with a medical aesthetician for advice on long term skin care. Retinoids, topical Vitamin c, and topical growth hormones may all be in order for maintenance  Wrap around sun glasses also prevent squinting in bright sunlight and prevents cataracts.

Manuel M. Pena, MD
Naples Plastic Surgeon

How much Botox for Crows' Feet?

+1

Although nothing replaces an actual physical exam to help determine muscle strength/mass/mobility, based on your submitted photos and your age I would recommend a small amount of Botox- perhaps 5-7.5 units per eye, usually spaced about 3-4 months between injections (but it depends on your response to treatment).  Short of Botox, I would recommend a basic skin regimen- exfoliate at night with an over-the-counter alpha hydroxyacid or even prescription strength Retin-A, then moisturize during the day with your favorite moisturizer.

Christopher R. Hove, MD
Paoli Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox units for eye wrinkles

+1

Botox is a great treatment, but also a great preventative treatment to avoid lines and wrinkles from etching in. For most people, I find 9-12 units per side is sufficient for Crow's feet prevention in one's 20s. Make sure to get an experienced and highly trained injector when doing anything around your eyes. ~ Dr. Benjamin Barankin, Toronto Dermatology Centre.

Benjamin Barankin, MD
Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox for Prevention of Crow's Feet Wrinkles

+1

While each person is different, the vast majority of patients require 8-12 units of Botox per eye (12-24units total) for a good result that lasts about 4 months.  A regular 4 month schedule of injections, plus proper sun screen and topical agents, should maximize your results.

Jeffrey C. Poole, MD
Metairie Dermatologic Surgeon

Prevention of wrinkles

+1

For prevention of crow's feet, I use 9-12 botox units or 25-30 dysport units per side. The use of an over the counter retinol cream (i.e. Roc, Neutrogena, La Roche Posay) can be used as night as well. Finally, sunscreen is a must because sun damage is the most controllable aspect of skin aging.

Ramona Behshad, MD
Chesterfield Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox around the eyes

+1

Without assessing you in person, it's difficult to tell how many units you'd need. Preventative treatment is always a good idea to help prevent fine lines around the eyes, as well as good skincare!

Sam Naficy, MD

How Many Units of Botox Would I Need to Prevent Eye Wrinkles?

+1

I have used Botox for 25 years and for prventative measures to avoid "Crows Feet", one are of botox which is 12 units should do the trick injected evry 3-4 months.  Hope this helps.