How Many Units of Botox is Needed for Entire Eye Area?

I have been considering botox for my eye area. I have crows feet and other tiny lines around that area. I wondered how many units would be needed?

Botulinum Toxin (Dysport or Botox) for the eyes.

+1

AS you can see there is great variation and each person's dose needs to be adjusted with time. I intiially start with 6-12 units per side (12-24 units total) at the first session and go up or down from there depending on patient feedback.

Web reference: http://www.bodysculptor.com/skin-procedures-chicago/injectables/

Botox works for Crows feet

+1

Botox can be a very successful treatment for crows feet lines at the side of the eye. It is important to remember that the improvement in passive lines will be modest and the active lines when you smile will still be present. The dose (number of units of botox) and hence effect and cost will depend upon the severity of your lines . It is common to use 5-15 units per side, for a total of 10 - 30 units. Too little botox, while more affordable will be removed by your body more rapidly, resulting in less duration of effect for you. Finally, as you treat your crows feet, there may be a tendency to recruit  other muscles to squint, such as the "bunny line" muscles on the side of your nose and these may ultimately need to be prophylactically treated.

Always consult with your specialist about the risks and benefits of any online discussion and to see if you are a candidate.

How Many Botox Units for Crow's Feet?

+1

In our practice, we usually use about 15-25 units for the crow's feet.  The dosing depends on the patient including the number of lines and strength of facial musculature.

Web reference: http://www.celibre.com/botox.aspx

What's the magic number?

+1

Usually I use 7.5 units per side for a total of 15 units.  Some physicians may use 15 units per side for a total of 30 units.  It depends on the severity of the "crows feet" and the experience of the physician.

Dr. Es

Crow's feet Botox

+1

For crow's feet, I usually would use 4-8 units per side. Total is 8-16 units. If there are lines on lower eyelids as well, I use 1- 2 units per eyelid, with a total of 2-4 units extra.

Results are excellent.

Detroit Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox treatment for face wrinkles

+1

The amount of units needed depends from patient to patient - how active or strong the muscles are in that particular area, what kind of result does the patient want, does the patient want to have some movement in the area vs. virtually no movement. Having said that, on the average, for the frown lines I would use about 16-20 units, on the crow's feet area anywhere from 4-12 units, and in the forehead area, about 12-20 units. I have them know that touch up doses may be needed.

Cleveland Plastic Surgeon

Conservative approach works well for Botox

+1

When injecting Botox, I tend to be more conservative that most physicians. I find that a "frozen" look appears very unnatural. Specifically for the lateral orbicularis muscle fibers ("Crow's Feet"), I find that 6 small injections on each side works well. This amounts to about 8 units per side which is equivalent to 0.6 ml of solution. Obviously, more Botox will be needed for the glabella area and forehead.

Units of botox needed for correcting crow's feet

+1

I believe having some smiling lines makes a person look more friendly and warm. Therefore, I encourage my patients to have just enough Botox to soften the lines but not totally elimiting them. Normally, I inject 3-10 units around each eyes. The number of units go down when a patients have had more than 2 years of regular Botox.

Boulder Dermatologist

Botox for crow's feet

+1

If you mspecifially mean the crow's feet, I usually use 3-4 injections on each side which adds up to about 15-20 units total.

Very doctor and patient dependent.

+1

On my website I describe my patent pending Microdroplet BOTOX method.  Typically I use 33 units of BOTOX to treat the entire eye area to effect an eyebrow lift.  However, this dose is only typical.  It is good for most women and many men.  However, some people have much bigger faces and will require a larger dose of BOTOX.  A quality office will not obscure how much BOTOX they are using.  

They will not refer to syringes or area without also telling you the total dose of BOTOX.  If they are not telling you or promising you that you can get a touch up squirt of BOTOX if your are not happy, you are probably being cheated. Honest offices are open about exactly what they are doing and generally don't give service away for free. If you are told what you need up front, then it is generally not necessary to get so-called touch up treatment. It is not an exact science but a skilled injector should have a pretty good idea of how much BOTOX is needed for your concerns.

Web reference: http://www.lidlift.com