How Many Units of Botox and at Which Points I Should Inject for Neck Creases?

Botox and neck creases

+1

Botox can help flatten the sagging neck vertical bands. The treatment never gives the same good result as a surgical neck lift. The horizontal creases may or may not respond to Botox treatment.

Patients are evaluated in person by a board-certified physician to determine how many units they would need. Every patient is different, and in fact, the same patient may need more or less on successive treatments and are reevaluated each time.

The information provided in Dr. Shelton's answer is for educational purposes only and is not intended to constitute medical advice.  The information provided should not be relied upon as a substitute for consultations with a qualified health professional who may be familiar with your individual medical needs.

Web reference: http://www.thenyac.com/botox/index.html

Botox for the neck

+1

You should consult an experienced dermatologist or plastic surgeon for assessment to see how much Botox you require for your neck bands.  The amount of Botox and placement is individualized for each patient.

Toronto Dermatologist

Botox and Neck lines

+1

It's difficult to answer this question without seeing a photograph of specifically which lines you are referring to, however Botox can address age-related hypertrophy of the platysma and its downward pull on the sub-muscular plane to soften horizontal neck lines. Meeting with a well-trained and experienced injector will help to determine how many units you would need and they'll know and be able to address the important injection points.

Botox and neck creases

+1

Botox is a great treatment to help lessen neck creases; however, there is not a "set" amount used in a patient.  Each patient's treatment should be individualized to their specific needs.  This is also an advanced treatment technique, so find a provider with a lot of experience in this area.  On average, I will use 20 units to the neck.  Again, some will take less and some will need more.  I also discuss in depth the potential complications of treating this area.  As with any Botox treatment, your  provider should provide you a Black Box Warning.  Be sure to fully understand the potential risks associated with treating this area.  Hope this helps.

Rogers Dermatologist

Microinjections of Botox for wrinkles in the neck

+1

For the neck, microinjections of Botox between 1-2 units at each site works extremely well at smoothing those wrinkles.  Each neck is different, so the total amount will vary and would be at the discretion of the injector.   

+1

20-30 units is usually sufficient for treatment of banding in the neck. However, you would require an in person evaluation to determine the best approach. I hope this information is helpful.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Web reference: http://weberfacialplasticsurgery.com/botox-dysport-xeomin-neuromodulators

Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox in the neck

+1

Botox in the neck should only be done by an advanced injector so make sure your doctor is well qualified.  Necks are tricky, and there is no way to tell what you need without seeing the situation.  Find a great doctor, you can get a second opinion if you want before the procedure is done. 

How much botox needed for neck creases

+1

Its hard to say how many units are required to treat your neck without seeing it. I would typically treat each side of the neck with between 10 and 20 units, depending on the size of the neck, extent of wrinkling etc.

Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon