Whats the Cost of Vaginal Rejuvination and Labiaplasty Done Together Also Can IUD B in Place at Time? (photo)

I have had 4 children the appearance of the vagina now bothers me. Sex is not the same. I feel like it looks like my guts are coming out and my labia minora are huge they hang and are uneven as well. I would like to know pricing information for labiaplasty and vaginal rejuvination when done at the same time? Also I would like to know if theres problem with having an IUD in place during the procedure? If one was already in place would it have to be removed prior to procedure and can it be put back

Labiaplasty and Vaginal Rejuvenation Combo

Labiaplasty and Vaginal Rejuvenation are two totally different procedures done for completely different reasons on different pieces of anatomy.

Labiaplasty, which most commonly involves surgical reduction of the labia minora (inner/thinner lips), has become a relatively common procedure over the last ten and even more so last five years.  Whether the surgery is done using a laser, scalpel, or scissors does not really matter but what does matter is "symmetry".  Symmetry is the most important aspect to the final aesthetic result.  Also, it's not how much tissue is removed but how much is left remaining because a certain amount is necessary to maintain proper form and function.  To achieve these two most important elements, it is extremely important to consult with a board certified plastic surgeon that specializes in this operation (does at least 1 - 2 per week).  It may cost you a bit more but it this type of result you will want to live with for the rest of your life.  Typical (all inclusive) fee at my office/surgery center is $4500. 

Vaginal Rejuvenation is performed to reconstruct (more or less tighten) the vaginal opening and vault up to the cervix, most typically following natural (vaginal delivery) child birth.  An IUD should not present a problem.  Typical cost for this procedure is $7000.

When the two procedures are done at the same time the total cost is $9900.  Glad to help...RAS 

Labiaplasty and Vaginoplasty at Same Time?

Labiaplasty and vaginoplasty can be performed together at the same time.  IUD is within the uterus, and has no impact on either.  Typical fee for labiaplasty is $3000 and for vaginoplasty is $5000.

Vaginal Rejuvenation, Labiaplasty and an IUD combo

Vaginal Rejuvenation and Labiaplasty are often combined into one surgical package for patients. As a woman ages and has vaginal deliveries, it can cause the skin to hang and sag a little bit. Our vaginas age just like any other organ in the body. From your complaint and photos, it looks and sounds as if you'd be a great candidate for both procedures, just as you suspected. 

The most aggressive way to treat vaginal looseness and labial sagging and aesthetic dissatisfaction would be surgery. Vaginal rejuvenation and labiaplasty together typically takes about 2-3 hours. Patients typically choose to be as tight as they were after loosing their virginity but before they had their first vaginal delivery. The specifics of your surgical plan can be discussed with your surgeon. The most important thing when choosing a surgeon is finding a cosmetic vaginal surgeon who is board certified and has extensive experience. Make sure you visit their before and after photos and read testimonials or speak with a personal testimonial. 

Typical pricing for vaginal rejuvenation is between $6,000 and $9,000 as an all-inclusive fee including surgeon's fee, facility fee, anesthesia and all pre- and post-operative care with your physician. Labiaplasty typically ranges between $5,000 and $7,000 as an all inclusive fee as well. At my practice, we offer a 50% discount on surgeon's fee for all secondary procedures. That makes the range for a combination of labiaplasty and vaginal rejuvenation between $9,000 and $13,000. Of course, pricing will vary depending on length of the case, expertise and credentials of your surgeon and demand. 

We have had many patients opt to have an IUD placed while under anesthesia and this won't effect surgery at all. In fact, why not save the pain felt from the removal and insertion and have it done while under the effect of anesthesia? The pricing on IUD will depend on the practice and your insurance (if you have it) along with the type of IUD chosen. 

Cosmetic Gynecology Mommy Makerover: Labiaplasty, Vaginoplasty Combo

If you've delivered 4 kids vaginally, you probably have more going on than the looseness and labia issues that you describe. There is a very, very high probability the you have damage to supports of your pelvic floor, the bladder and the rectum. All of these would need to be fixed in order to achieve a solid, long-lasting solution. The IUD can stay inside. The price would certainly depend upon how much pelvic floor repairs would need to be done along with the other procedures. This is definitely not a situation in which you want to skimp on quality.

Combining Labiaplasty with Vaginal Rejuvenation/vaginaplasty

I frequently perform LP and VP (aka "vaginal rejuvenation") at the same time. All experienced cosmetic gynecologists can do both; only a few plastic surgons do vaginolasty ("rejuvenation") but most do LP.  The 2 can be done together in-office under a local anesthetic (definitely the way to go if your surgeon is skilled and experienced in doing under local.)

I've parformed > 500 labiaplasties & > 200 vaginoplasties; approximately 30 times I have combined them , all under "local" the past 2 years.  Our price is $5750 for Vaginoplasty/vaginal rejuvenation; this includes an APEX electronic pelvic floor trainer and a session with the pelvic floor physical therapist of your choice.  We discount our usual $4200-4600 labiaplasty fee by 60% (down to ~ $1700) if added to a VP.  Thus the total fee, including consults, surgery, facility, anesthesia, post op and pelvic floor reconditioning work (+ LP_) is ~ $7,400.

Best!

Michael P Goodman MD

P.S.  The IUD is no problem!  Can be left in, no worries...