Severe Swelling Cant Feel Toes?

On monday i has an extendend TT-Breastlift with 450cc implants-lipo of myhips and one thigh....and some moles and tags were removed during surgery. now 4 days later im swelling to the point i cant feel my toes, my ankles are bigger than my knees. ....it hurts to walk, my entire body has just gone south,i cant lift my feet to my knees while sitting..my boyfriend wont touch me why am i so big? and why is the pain getting worse?.. im worse then i was before the surgery

Lower Extremity Swelling after Mommy Makeover

+1

Significant lower extremity swelling associated with pain after mommy makeover should always be evaluated to rule out blood clot in the legs.  Blood clots are usually unilateral.  Pain in the calf may be another sign.  Any shortness of breath associated with leg pain and swelling should be evaluated right away.

Time to contact your doctor.

+1

Severe swelling in your legs which is concerning to you needs to be addressed by your doctor. For issues such as these, website forums are not appropriate. Contact your doctor immediately.

Web reference: http://www.drbogue.com

Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Severe Swelling

+1

Although some swelling is expected, swelling to the extent you describe is enough out of the ordinary that you should communicate with your surgeon. One possible cause that is serious and demands treatment is deep venous thrombosis--DVT, or blood clots in the leg. Tests are readily available to make or exclude the possibility, and proper treatment can prevent serious and even life threatening problems. Call.

Thanks and best wishes.

Swelling on the legs after surgery

+1

Swelling of the legs after a major surgery like you describe may or may not be normal.  The biggest risk after a long surgery like yours is that blood tends to pool in your legs while you are sleeping and while you are laying down trying to recover.  This pooled blood can cause clots which can lead to severe leg swelling.  If you have a blod clot, this can be a very serious condition requiring immediate medical attention.  I strongly recommend that you contact your plastic surgeon and have him/her examine you to determine if this is normal post-operative swelling or if this is something more serious.  Good luck.

Always call your doctor

+1

Its Important to have a great communication bond with your surgeon, if you have any questions or worries never doubt calling your surgeon immediately. Any Board Certified Plastic Surgeon will gladly examine you and give you the guidance you need.

Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Swollen legs following an abdominoplasty

+1

Some swelling of the extremities not unusual after a major surgery.  The complication that is most feared is deep vein thrombosis and pulmonary embolism.  You did not mention if you were placed on a blood thinning agent such as Lovenox after surgery.   You also did not mention if you have any other risk factors that would place you at risk of developing a blood clot.  If this seems excessive you should contact your plastic surgeon as soon as possible.  A scan of your legs or pelvic veins may be indicated.  

Swelling in your legs after tummy tuck is a reason to call your doctor.

+1

There are a variety of reasons that your legs may swell after a tummy tuck.  It can be something minor but it also may be something that is very significant as well.  I would go to see your plastic surgeon as soon as possible (like today) to have the legs evaluated.  His or her response may range from compression and reassurance to getting an ultrasound of your legs to determine if there are any clots that have formed that may require urgent attention.  

Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Numbness of the feet after mommy makeover requires an immediate visit to the surgeon.

+1

The convalescence you are describing is worrisome if not overstated.  Regardless, you should visit the surgeon promptly and have the various complaints investigated.

Web reference: http://www.zubowicz.com/subpag,21-atlanta-abdominoplast.htm

Severe Swelling after Mommy Makeover

+1

I would suggest that you call your doctor and go in to see him / her today. This is something that your doctor needs to know about and so he/she can address ASAP.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_mommyMakeover.htm

Post-op TT

+1

It sounds like you need to call your surgeon and take  trip to see him this week. Any delay might not be in your best interest. Call and tell them what you have posted. I would be very surprised if they do not want to see you quite expeditiously. Best,

Gary R Culbertson, MD, FACS

Columbia Plastic Surgeon