What options should I consider if I am uncomfortable about the size of my nose? (photo)

I have a large nose and am looking to resize it to fit proportionally with my face. My nose seems to dominate my face, and really does when smiling. It seems bulbous at the tip with asymmetrical ala/naris. I've been asked if I am jewish and am not. It does not seem to be genetic, but rose to its goliath size with out provocation or reason. I am a cost conserving 20-somthing. All comments are welcome and best regards.

Nose reduction

+1

pictures would be helpful. In general you may need to retro-diplase your nose. During this maneuver the nose is brought closer to the face in a horizontal plane, thus decreasing the overall size of the nose.

Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Size of nose and rhinoplasty

+1

Rhinoplasty can make a nose smaller and it can make a nose bigger. What is done needs to be customized any given individuals nose and their face. You have not shown your whole face so it is hard to given concrete advice. But I could envision a rhinoplasty for you that would carefully reduce the size and bulk of your nose, refine the tip, and narrow the proximal 2/3rds.

Adam Bryce Weinfeld, MD
San Angelo Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

+1

Your nose is not as bad as I expected from your narrative...the Goliath size comment is pretty funny though! You have to be realistic to be happy with the results of rhinoplasty. Computer imaging is the best way to demonstrate realistic possibilities so you can be sure your goals might be met. Computer imaging also helps your doctor determine if you might be one who has such unrealistic views of yourself or expectations that you might never be happy, interestingly a problem seen most often in young male patients. You should get a consultation with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon, listen carefully to the description of what can be done and look at the doctors work to be sure it is consistent with your goals. In my opinion you are a good candidate for a rhinoplasty to narrow your nose, reduce the profile slightly and refine the tip.

Gregory J. Stagnone, MD

Options for reducing the size and changing the shape of the nose - Rhinoplasty

+1

Rhinoplasty is the only option for changing the appearance of a person's nose. Cost is obviously an issue but your first goal should be finding an experienced, skilled rhinoplasty surgeon whom you trust. If the price is outside your budget, I'd recommend saving. A cheap rhinoplasty that needs to be revised by a more experienced surgeon can become much more expensive than choosing the right surgeon the first time. I hope this information is helpful.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

What options should I consider if I am uncomfortable about the size of my nose?

+1

I think that a rhinoplasty can achieve your goals.

Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

My nose is too big...

+1

I think that your nose can be improved, although it's not as big as you think it is. The bridge can be brought down a bit and the tip can be refined and elevated a bit. You should consult with a facial plastic surgeon or a plastic surgeon that performs rhinoplasty regularly. Good luck.

Andres Bustillo, MD, FACS
Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nose Too Large

+1

The best place to start is with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who performs Rhinoplasty surgery on a routine basis. After an evaluation, he will explain the procedure and recommendations for your case. Based on your photos, you are an excellent candidate for a Rhinoplasty. Best wishes!!

Robert E. Zaworski, MD