Tummy Tuck - What Results Should I Expect? (photo)

I have now been booked in for full TT,MR and lipo to flanks ! What results should I expect ?? Booked in for Saturday x

Tummy tuck-What results should I expect?

+1

Based on your pictures I would expect a nice flat tummy. There should be no overhanging skin. Also the overhanging fat should be removed. Your rectus abdominus or six pack muscle will also be tightened. This will feel like you're doing a sit up. The liposuction of your flanks will also remove excess fat over the hip region. Good luck good luck with your plastic surgery. Sincerely, Dr. Katzen

Tummy tuck

+1

You have hanging lower abdominal wall skin and stretch marks. You should benefit from a tummy tuck and abdominal wall tightening

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS

Expect to be smiling and happy

+1

From your photos you appear to be a wonderful candidate for the tummy tuck procedure.

Your excess skin and fat will be removed, your abdominal muscles tightened, and a much more flattering waistline will be created. You will look and feel like a new woman. Clothing will fit more smoothly, and activities of all sorts will be much more pleasant to participate in. Of course this is if you are having your procedure done by a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who has a good deal of experience in Abdominoplasties.(Tummy tucks).

Robert H. Gotkin, MD

Dramatic improvement can be expected from tummy tuck.

+1

Hi.

You look like someone who should get an amazing improvement from tummy tuck.  Your big hanging apron should be gone!

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Tummy Tuck, Lipo Flanks

+1

Tummy Tuck should remove the skin and fat to the level of the belly button and tighten the muscles to make your profile to appear flat.  The liposuction should improve your waistline.  The combination is very powerful.  Good luck.

Results of a tummy tuck will take away the loose hanging skin

+1

Your pictures show very loose hanging skin that will be removed by a tummy tuck.  If your surgeon also tightens your abdominal muscles, it will further flatten your belly.  Liposuction of the flanks will help create a more hour-glass like figure.

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Tummy tuck to remove excess skin, localized stubborn fat

+1

When the skin of the abdomen has been stretched from pregnancy or weight gain, it often does not shrink back with later weight loss. For that reason, the number one reason for tummy tuck is to remove the extra skin. If there is a muscle separation, that would need a surgical fix as well. And finally, if there is stubborn, localized fat that does not come off with diet and exercise, it could be addressed with the tummy tuck, but it isn't a weight loss procedure and you should be at a healthy weight before the procedure.

Richard Baxter, MD

Expectations with Tummy Tuck

+1

An abdominoplasty is expected to remove a great degree of skin excess and any overhang that is present. However, it does not change the character of the skin to make it more elastic.  Although any stretch marks present on the lower abdomen within the area of skin excision will be removed, those remaining will still be loose and have a poorer texture than the rest of the skin. When abdominal muscle imbrication (corsetting together) is done, it will nip in your waist some and improve your abdominal girth, however this is limited by the intra-abdominal volume of your bowels and fat apron INSIDE the abdomen.  This is why many surgeons will recommend that one should get as close to their ideal body weight as possible in order to acheive the most optimal results. I usually recommend flank liposuction as well to contour the sides and "muffin-top" area so it blends in with the tummy tuck area. Thanks for your question!  Good luck!

Alina Sholar, MD
Evansville Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck Results

+1

A tummy tuck is designed to accomplish two things:

Remove excess abdominal skin and fat
Tighten and flatten the abdominal wall muscles
The surgery is performed through a 'bikini-line incision' which, for a full tummy tuck, may extend from hipbone to hipbone. For patients that need only a 'mini-tummy tuck', the incision is usually somewhat smaller, extending just beyond the limits of the average C-section scar. The suprapubic incisions used for this operation are designed so that the resulting surgical scar is hidden by underwear or a bathing suit.

A full abdominoplasty requires the surgical creation of a new belly button. Creating the new belly button, which is called an umbilicoplasty, is a part of tummy tuck surgery that requires a great deal of attention and finesse on the part of the surgeon. My goal is to create a new belly button that, as much as possible, resembles a 'natural' belly button. Natural belly buttons do NOT look like a perfect circle, and circular umbilicoplasty scars are a tummy tuck dead giveaway

Michael Law, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

What results to expect.

+1

The most dramatic improvement will be to eliminate the skin excess and the overhang that is present. The muscle repair will slim your abdomen some (it is limited by the intra-abdominal volume) and the flank lipo will allow the abdominal improvement to blend in beyond the limits of that part of the surgery alone.

Thank you for your question, best wishes for your upcoming procedure.