Will the Swelling Go Down and Will my Tummy Look Firmer? (photo)

I am post op 2 days don't know wether I am completely happy with results as I don't feel very flat! Is this just because of swelling!

Assessing results of tummy tuck 2 days post-op

+1

2 days post op is way too early to assess the success or failure of tummy tuck.  At 2 days, your abdomen will be very swollen and will often look worse than pre-op.  It should get better with time.

Tummy Tuck Post Op Day 2 : Tummy Not Flat

+1

The tummy should not be flat 2 days after tummy tuck.  The swelling that is present this early is preventing the ability to determine the final result.  6 months is usually necessary to get an idea.

Swelling after Tummmy Tuck

+1

You are only two days in to the recovery period.  You will have swelling.  this swelling will dramatically improve over the next several weeks.  I think at that time you will love your results.

Dr. ES

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

Will the Swelling Go Down

+1

Whatever component of swelling there is will go down. Comparing with the pre-op photos, this is a dramatic improvement. Your surgeon cannot compress your intra-abdominal contents and that is what is limiting factory in the flatness you would have liked. Weight loss would give improvement. Best wishes for an uneventful recovery.