19 yo with 2 kids, with a terrible overhang and appendix scar. Is a tummy tuck the right procedure for me ? (photo)

I am only 19 but have 2 children my boy who is 4 and a little girl who is 1. I do not want any more children. I am getting married in march and have booked for a consultation for this procedure. Just want some opinions. I have a terrible over hang ans my appendix scar on my right hand side makes it much worst!

Tummy tuck

+1

Yes if you are in good medical shape you are a very good candidate for atummy tuck. You have hanging skin that needs to be removed

Great Candidate For Tummy Tuck Even at 19 Years old

+1

You are a superb candidate for a tummy tuck even though you are only 19 years of age. There is little you can do about the way your abdominal area looks short of surgery. Whether more children are in your future is hard to say at 19 but at least you do not currently want more. Even if that occurs in the future after a tummy tuck, it will not affect your ability to carry a pregnancy to term or have a normal c-section delivery.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Great Candidate for Tummy Tuck

+1

Thanks for your question, you are an ideal candidate for a tummy tuck: this procedure can take away the excess skin (the 'overhang'), tighten the abdominal muscles and remove a lot (but not all) of the stretch marks that you have. I know that you said that you do not want any more children, but you are still very young and you may change your mind! Getting a tummy tuck does not mean that you cannot have children in the future, but your results might get stretched out with the subsequent pregnancy. Good luck!

Matthew Concannon, MD
Columbia Plastic Surgeon

Am I Suitable for a Tummy Tuck?

+1

Maybe, based on your photos posted YES But the age and possibility of more children makes me wonder if waiting a few years would be better option. 

Good Candidate for Tummy Tuck

+1

Based on your photos, you are a good candidate for a tummy tuck and some liposuction in the sides of your waist. You will still have some stretch marks but overall, things should be much improved.

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS
Ohio Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck?

+1

You seem to be a great candidate for a tummy tuck with liposuction. Review the risks with a board certified plastic surgeon and spend some time looking at that surgeon's pre and post photos to ensure it will meet your expectations.

James B. Lowe III, MD
Oklahoma City Plastic Surgeon

Suitable for a tummy tuck?

+1

Thank you for sending the photos.  It appears that you would be a good candidate for a tummy tuck.  The rectus muscles can be placed back together at that time as well.  the appendectomy scar can usually be rolled into the tummy tuck scar as well.  Remember that having realistic expectation is the key.  Best to talk with your Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.  Together you will come up with a plan.

Jeffrey Roth, MD

"Terrible Hangover"

+1

I think as long as you have realistic expectations , and want to remove the excess skin then it is a win for both . If a plication is done it some times takes a little longer to recover and be active .  But, the surgeon examining you will know best. Nothing beats the physical exam . Good Luck and congrats on your wedding.

Paul Albear, MD

Tummy tuck at any age

+1

From the pictures it appears that you have the typical conditions that a tummy tuck corrects (and which cannot be corrected with diet and exercise): stretched out skin, and likely some separation of the abdominal wall muscles. Your surgeon will be able to advise you best, after seeing you personally. If you are planning to have more children, it may be best to wait.

Richard Baxter, MD