Do Polyurethane Implants Drop?

I had 315cc sub pectoral polyurethane implants 3 weeks ago and since week two one nipple is a little lower than the other and the same breast appears a little smaller. Is this due to settling and do polyurethane implants drop? I rang my surgeons clinc and was put through to the clinical nurse she didn't ask they type of implant I had but said it was just settling and it will be fine.

Do Polyurethane Implants Drop?

+1

Thank you for your question. Implants go through a period of adjustment, and "settling" as the muscle relaxes, and the capsule forms around the implant. If your are right hand dominant, there may be a delay in "dropping into the pocket" due to more activity with the muscle. Increased activity on the dominant side creates asymmetry in healing, and swelling. After 6-8 weeks, they are getting closer in healing, and should look more normal. Avoid too much activity, and they should heal without incident. I hope this helps.

Danville Plastic Surgeon