How Long is the Best Period of Time to Wait Before Replacing Old Implants Due to a Seroma? (photo)

I have had my left breast drained for a second time due to a large seroma (1 litre). This time the fluid was infected, but the implant is in tact, not infected and no capsular contracture is present. I have had my implants removed, washed and cavity cleaned twice when drained was done. The surgeons told me that the tissue capsule was slightly hardened in comparison to the first surgery. My implants are 12 years old and I would like to replace them after allowing my chest to be implant free.

Replacing implants after infection

+2

Usually it is a good idea for the chest to heal without the implants for several months.  Usually it is roughly 4-6 months.