Can you give me help with my skin condition? I don't want laser treatment

Along with severe acne scars my entire face looks like orange peel (similiar to the picture below, but mine is more severe). I have never had laser/dermabrasion or any such treatment in the past nor have I used Retin A. I am 39 and women in their 70's have better textured skin than I. Could somebody please tell me why my skin is damaged like this? This is causing me severe distress. Also, without appearing rude, please do not respond if you are going to suggest laser treatments.

Infini is not a laser and does well to improve acne scars

+1
The Infini is a microneedling fractional radiofrequency (MFR) device that is safe for all skin types.  It is not a laser.  In addition, volumizing the face can improve the appearance of the scars as well.  My blog and video explain the technology well.  Steve Weiner, MD, Facial Plastic Surgeon, Destin, Florida.

An Alternative to Acne Scar Treatment Other than Laser

+1
I understand your distress.  It is natural to feel good when you look good.  I am at a disadvantage because I cannot assess your skin, therefore I will make recommendations based on your description.  At age 39, you have had, and will continue to have global loss of volume in the face including skin, muscle and bone.  With decreased volume any scarring or imperfections seem to look worse.  There are three options and when integrated together, will give you much improvement.  First, you should be on a skin care regimen prescribed by a medical provider to give you the best results.  As one ages, the cellular turnover in the skin diminishes, so you lose the youthful glow.  A Retin A type product, antioxidant and growth hormone may be products that will help your skin, along with chemical peels.  Chemical peels can be superficial or deep, depending on the amount of down time you have available.  The deeper the peel, the better the outcome.   Secondly, I usually recommend adding volume back to your face, but I have not seen your picture.  Sculptra is an injectable which stimulates your skin to thicken.  I have seen very good results in middle aged people with acne scarring with Sculptra.  Lastly, needling.  A needling or collagen pen procedure in conjunction with PRP (platelet rich plasma) is an excellent treatment for acne scarring.  I usually recommend three treatments one month apart.  I hope this has been of some help to you.  Please call my office with any further questions.

Nana Mizuguchi, MD