Torn inner labia after child birth (5 weeks ago). Can it be fixed?

I gave birth 5weeks ago and had a torn inner labia, very uncomfortable and very self conscious and upset about it, gets me down. It rubs on clothes and underwear and hurts to sit down or climb into the bath

Torn Inner Labia after Childbirth. Yes, it can be fixed

+1

You are very early in the healing process. This area takes time. You don't need to feel rushed. You may need 3-6 months of healing or longer.

To be sure, see two or more board-certified plastic surgeons in your area for a full and complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have surgery.

Labiaplasty after child brith injury

+1
A torn labia can easily be repaired by a skill surgeon as an outpatient surgery
  • it takes under an hour with sedation
  • it is a bit sore for a week or so, but you will be back to normal activities

Michael Suzman, MD