Torn inner labia after child birth (5 weeks ago). Can it be fixed?

I gave birth 5weeks ago and had a torn inner labia, very uncomfortable and very self conscious and upset about it, gets me down. It rubs on clothes and underwear and hurts to sit down or climb into the bath

Torn inner labium after childbirth

+1
I have repaired many women with torn labia after childbirth, but you need to wait at least five months after delivery.  This delay will enable your tissues to heal.  I repair it by excising the tear similar to a wedge labiaplasty, which I invented twenty years ago.  The procedure takes about an hour is performed by a well experienced surgeon in this technique.

Torn Inner Labia after Childbirth. Yes, it can be fixed

+1

You are very early in the healing process. This area takes time. You don't need to feel rushed. You may need 3-6 months of healing or longer.

To be sure, see two or more board-certified plastic surgeons in your area for a full and complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have surgery.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Labiaplasty after child brith injury

+1
A torn labia can easily be repaired by a skill surgeon as an outpatient surgery
  • it takes under an hour with sedation
  • it is a bit sore for a week or so, but you will be back to normal activities

Michael Suzman, MD