Is there a way to close the hole left by a piercing scar? (photos)

I have a piercing scar above my top lip (as shown in picture) and would like to know if there is there any procedure I can have done to close the hole? I really hate the way it looks and it is effecting me a great amount.

Closure of hole from piercing upper lip

+2
The hole on your upper lip from the piercing could be closed, but it would be a trade off for a different scar.  The hole could be surgically removed and in the ideal setting you would be left with a thin, short line as the scar.  Normally a scar which is flat and thin would be less noticeable than a hole which is depressed.  

San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon