Swelling above lip area after restylane. Will it resolve, and is it normal? (Photo)

Thanks very much for answering my question I've taken all the advice offered. Its now 3days later and I think the swelling of the lips have gone down quite a bit . however I'm really concerned about the swelling in the whole area under my nose and above my upper lip. Is this normal? Also my top lip seems to be over the bottom lip when I look side view, will this resolve? I don't think it was like this when I left the hospital. My docs not available until Wednesday unfortunately. Many thanks

Swelling above lip area after restylane. Will it resolve, and is it normal?

+1
Swelling after fillers is completely normal, I suggest you wait 2-3 weeks before you see your final result 

3 days is too early to judge final result

+1
lips & peri -oral area are swelling can be expected up to 2 weeks after a filler injection.
Please wait before judging this as a final result &  I suggest you arrange an appointment to see your injector in 2 wks time.

Sabrina Shah-Desai, MS, FRCS
London Oculoplastic Surgeon

+1
Best response is that this filler (HA) will metabolize over the next few months to disappear.. Thus you only have to wait til than.....

Swelling after Restylane in lips

+1
Swelling is common with fillers and SHOULD be expected. Many, many people do not think there will be swelling or bruising and are severely upset or freaked out when there is. Swelling and bruising are normal and can persist for up to 10 days even, especially in thinner tissue areas like the lips. If your lips do not look like you expected them to after 10 days then you should visit your injector for a follow-up.

"This answer has been solicited without seeing this patient and cannot be held as true medical advice, but only opinion. Seek in-person treatment with a trained medical professional for appropriate care."

F. Victor Rueckl, MD

+1
Swelling after injections of Restylane is normal. Thank you for posting pictures. It is difficult to assess whether or not your particular swelling will resolve without an exam. I suggest going back to your surgeon in about a week, but letting them know of  your concerns now.

Eric Desman, MD
Alexandria Plastic Surgeon

Swelling after Restylane

+1
Swelling after Restylane for up to two weeks is considered normal.  I would wait two weeks and return to your treating area for examination.  Please let me know how your injections look after two weeks.

Michele S. Green, MD