I have significant shooting pain in the side of my right breast 4 days after Breast Augmentation. What is this from? (photos)

Hi, I had a breast augmentation under the muscle with 330cc MR silicone implants. I felt really good by day 3, but on days 4-5 I have had really awful shooting pains in the side of my right breast. It can happen even with very limited movement. There is also a circular mark on the side of each breast (it looks like a needle mark?!). Would you please be able to tell me what these issues might be a result of?? I have attached pictures for further information. Many thanks :)

Postop Pain

+2
It is normal to have shooting pains after breast augmentation especially if the implants were placed under the muscle.  This pain should improve with time and rest however I recommend that you discuss your concerns with your plastic surgeon.   Be sure to keep your follow up appointments.

BLEEDING AFTER BREAST AUG

+1
You need to call your plastic surgeon and be seen immediately whenever you are experiencing new pain or prolonged bleeding. 

Be well and good luck!

Morgan E. Norris, MD, FACS

I have significant shooting pain in the side of my right breast 4 days after Breast Augmentation. What is this from?

+1
Over the internet we can ONLY guess! Best to be seen by your surgeon ASAP to be evaluated in person. Follow up with us please... 

Sharp pains and breast augmentation

+1
Your problem sounds like a normal complaint at 4 days.  Time, ice, and pain medicine can help.  Ask your PS for their recommendation for treatment.  The needle stick might have been from numbing medicine which I also use during the surgery to help with initial postoperative discomfort.  Hang in there.

Mahlon Kerr, MD, FACS

Muscular swelling can lead to sharp pains after breast augmentation!

+1
If you are right handed then the pain on the right is more like due to the increased activity of the pectoralis muscle.  Each provider treats this differently.  Please call your surgeon.Please find an experienced Board Certified Plastic Surgeon and member of the Aesthetic Society using the Smart Beauty Guide. These Plastic Surgeons can guide you on all aspects of facial surgery, breast augmentation and body procedures including tummy tucks or mommy makeovers!

Robert Whitfield, MD, FACS

Your surgeon should be answering this question for you

+1
since your surgeon knows exactly what put the mark on your skin.  As for the shooting pains, it would be considered 'normal' and should subside with time.  The things I worry most about after augmentation surgery are unexplained asymmetric swelling and infections. 

Curtis Wong, MD