My nose is getting considerably bigger and changing shape after splint removal. Is this normal? (photos)

I had my rhinoplasty in order to correct the fact my nose bent towards the right and make it less bulbous. 10 days after surgery the splint was removed and I was very pleased. Nose was centred, small and my face was symmetrical. However a few days after I notice it bending towards the right again and increasing in scale, it doesn't look anything like the way it did when the cast came off. I understand swelling occurs but will it return to the exact way it was when I just took the splint off?

Swelling after #rhinoplasty

+1
It will take months for the swelling to resolve over time. If the nose looks relatively good after splint removal it is likely that it will return to this. Be patient. 

Continue to follow up with your surgeon to ensure that you progress as planned.
Vincent Marin, MD
MarinAesthetics.com

Post Op Rhinoplasty

+1
In takes weeks to months for all the swelling to subside after Rhinoplasty.   Have patience, and follow up with your Plastic Surgeon on a regular basis to verify you are healing as you should.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD