Please can I have some advice on size, placement, etc.?

I'm a small 32/34 a cup, 8stone 9lbs and about 5'6". I lost my breasts after breast feeding my two children for about a year each. My breasts haven't sagged just very empty. I'm hoping to achieve my original size of a 34d / dd. I used to be a a (uk ) size 12 but am now only an 8.. Any advice or suggestions on size, placement (high, low, moderate / under or over muscle) would be very much appreciated. Also is my desired size possible? Thanks!!

BBA

+1
There is no way to guarantee a particular bra size. Bra sizing varies greatly between bra manufacturers and a C in one bra will be a D in another. What matters more than the assigned bra size is the way the implant looks on you. The best option for your body and aesthetic goals can be determined in a thorough implant sizing session.
Implant sizing depends on several factors. One of the most important factors is your breast width. Generally, your surgeon will measure your breast width, and then provide you with a range of implant sizes appropriate for your native breast size. There are more nuances to it than just what I've described, but this approach works for most women.
I usually have my patients bring in a large bra and a tight t-shirt to do sizing. I'll then choose 3-4 implants that I feel are appropriate, and have my patients place them in the bra under the tight t-shirt. My patients can then look in the mirror and get a good sense of what they will look like with the provided implant sizes. My patients like this approach and get a great idea of how they will look.
By using this technique, your surgeon can outline a range of appropriate implant sizes that will be aesthetically pleasing, and you make the final decision.
I hope this helps. Good luck!

Which Size Is Best?

+1
Hello there, and thanks for your question. Although you provided plenty of details, there is more to consider when evaluating a patient for implants. Factors such as your skin quality, existing breast tissue, and weight distribution can all have a hand in determining which implant size and placement is best for you. For the most accurate answer, schedule an in-person consultation with a qualified plastic surgeon in your area. Best of luck.

Richard Chaffoo, MD, FACS

Desired Size

+1
Its very difficult to answer your questions without an examination or photographs.  I would recommend for women in a similar situation if they didn't need a lift to have a partial sub muscular pocket, moderate projection anatomical (shaped implants). Your size would need to be determined after dimensional measurements of your breast base height etc...

You should see a specialist plastic surgeon/board certified in your area who will be able to recommend what is most appropriate for you.

Kind regards
Vij

Vijith Vijayasekaran, MBBS, FRACS
Australia Plastic Surgeon

Size

+1
Hard to tell with out a physical exam but for someone like you I would generally suggest textured round implants under the muscle between 350 and 400cc!

Ryan Neinstein, MD, FRCSC

Breast implant size to make a D cup

+1
Thank you for your question.  Generally speaking 150 cc to 200 cc  of breast implant will increase breast size by 1 cup.  If you are in a cup then you may need an implant and the 400-450 cc range to increase 3 cup sizes.

Ideally breast implants should be placed beneath the chest muscle for the best result.  You will need a formal in person consultation and examination by a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss the many options available to you.  In my practice the moderate profile plus silicone gelimplant is most commonly used and does give a natural result.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

Size for an Implant for a Breast Augmentation

+1
There are many styles and shapes of implants and it can certainly be confusing to make a decision but without see you, it is impossible for anyone to give you just the right advice for your breast augmentation.  You should always see someone who will take a compete medical history, do a thorough examination, evaluate and discuss your goals, give you a menu of solutions to your problem and fully informing you of the risks and benefits of each solution.   You should also seek someone you are comfortable with. Preferably that person should be certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and ideally a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery.

I hope that helps. Best regards.

Brian Windle, MD
Kirkland Plastic Surgeon