I'm 17 yrs old and I want to improve the look of my nose. Would you recommend Nose job or fillers (non surgical)? (photos)

Im 17 and hate my nose i want to improve it a lot by looking at the pictures would you suggest fillers or a nose job i want it higher(more space between my lips and nose) even nostrils in the picture u can c how it leans to the left and i want my droopy tip gone. Would fillers work for these problems? If not how can i make sure a nose job would look really really natural and not fake. I would prefer fillers the thought of a nose job scares me but if it would be better i want one

Rhinoplasty or a non-surgical rhinoplasty

+2
Dear Annjones098,

• A non surgical rhinoplasty may help narrow the bridge and hide the small bump you have
  • To elevate the tip and make the nostrils more symmetric (probably not perfectly symmetric), surgery would work best
  • Start with RealSelf to find doctors in you area with good reviews and pictures that you like

Nima Shemirani

I'm 17 yrs old and I want to improve the look of my nose. Would you recommend Nose job or fillers (non surgical)?

+1
  Rhinoplasty would be needed for tip refinement and elevation.

Los Angeles, CA...................

Fillers?

+1
Fillers could help the area just above your tip but are not really indicated for your complaints about the tip/nostrils themselves. Surgery is likely your best bet.

Robert H. Hunsaker, MD

+1
I believe surgery is the best option for you.  Fillers will 'fill' areas.  They are meant to add volume.  You have a rounded tip which can not be addressed with fillers.  I would suggest seeing an experienced rhinoplasty facial plastic surgeon!

Rhinoplasty versus non-surgical nose job

+1
Hi Ann,

Fillers can work in very specific situations in the nose. For example, for someone who wants a little more height to the bridge or may have some slight asymmetry and wants to look straighter, fillers may be a good option although we would say that a surgical procedure will provide a better and more permanent change. For you, the main concerns are related to your tip which is losing support and drooping asymmetrically. Some may try to tell you that putting filler at the junction of your nose and upper lip will make the tip appear to be lifted, but it will really only make your nose look fatter in this area. Your concerns are best treated with a rhinoplasty to lift, support, and refine your tip. You are a great candidate and should expect to have a great result. Visit with a very experienced rhinoplasty surgeon to ensure a natural and beautiful result. You can check out our webpage on rhinoplasty for more details. 

Jason Litner, MD

Methods to improve nose

+1
I do not believe that fillers could achieve the results you would like for your nose.  Surgery would really be the best choice to get the optimal result.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon