What do I need???? Mini or full tummy tuck with or without lypo? (photos)

The surgeon I went to said full tummy tuck new belly button no liposuction needed with no muscle repair 100 pound loss through gastric band I was 236 now 135 and 5 Ft 4 really ok lypo suction??? I want flat tight and toned for tight dresses lol

Full or mini tt

+2
Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photos I would suggest a full tt with liposuction of the flanks. I believe with this combination you should get an excellent result. 

San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck vs lipo or both

+1
It's hard to say without examining you, but you'll most likely need a tummy tuck.  Lipo of the sides can help a little, too.

Jeffrey E. Schreiber, MD, FACS

Lipo and TT

+1
Thank you for the pictures.

In my opinion a regular tummy tuck with liposuction to the waist and lower back.

Dr. Campos

Jaime Campos Leon, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Mini or Full Tummy Tuck?

+1
  • Congratulations on your weight loss!  A full tummy tuck should help you achieve what you're looking for. 
  • Due to the extra skin that you have and your history of weight loss, a mini tummy tuck will not be able to fully correct the extra skin and muscle laxity that you likely have. 
  • Liposuction can often help further contour the waist and hips, but is not mandatory. 
  • Thanks for sharing your photos!

Joshua Cooper, MD, FACS

When having lost consideriable weight

+1
leaves LOTS of loose skin, you will have to decide on what scars you are willing to accept.  If you really want the looseness gone, an anchor abdominoplasty would be recommended over the the traditional approach.  If you want less scarring and can live with laxity, the latter would be better.  Regardless, your belly button will either have to be transposed or you could give it up and have  a reconstruction later.

Curtis Wong, MD

What do I need???? Mini or full tummy tuck with or without lypo?

+1

Congratulations on having achieved your long-term stable weight. Based on your history and photographs, I think you will do well with a full tummy tuck operation (quite a dramatic outcome can be expected).   In regards to liposuction surgery, it is simply a tool that I find I use for most patients undergoing tummy tuck surgery.  It is often helpful when contouring certain parts of the abdomen and/or flanks. 

Generally speaking, the “ideal” patient for tummy tuck surgery is one who has completed pregnancies, is medically/psycho socially/emotionally/financially stable,  has an excellent social support system surrounding him/her,  does not smoke, is capable of arranging enough recovery time and who has reached a long-term stable weight.

Since you considering undergoing a major operation which often involves a significant physical and emotional recovery ( often underestimated by surgeons and patients alike), a few words of advice may be helpful: 

1. Make sure you are doing the procedure for the right reasons (for yourself) and that you have realistic expectations. Be aware that an improvement in the “problem area” may not translate to an overall improvement in your life situation. You are bound to be disappointed with results of the procedure if your motivation for doing the surgery is not internally driven.

2. Time your surgery carefully; generally, it is not a good idea to have surgery done during or immediately after a stressful period in life (for example divorce or death of a loved one). The additional stress of surgery will undoubtedly be more challenging to deal with if a patient's emotional reserves our already exhausted. Remember, that an improvement in your physical appearance will not translate to an improvement in your life situation.

3. If possible speak to patients who have undergone similar procedures and query them about the toughest times of their recovery period. Any practical hints previous patients can provide may be very helpful.

4. Make sure you are aware of potential complications that may arise how to reach your surgeon if necessary.

5. Make sure you have a strong and patient support system (several people if possible) in place who have time/patience to take care of you. Arrange for professional nursing if any doubt exists regarding the availability and/or stamina of your caretakers.

6. Be patient with the healing process, understanding that it will take several weeks to months to feel “normal” again. It may also take many months/year to see the end results of your surgery.

7. Be prepared to distract your mind with things of interest such as books, magazines, and movies.

8. Expect less of yourself; do not go back to work, school or chores too early and let others take care of you (for a change).

9. Pick your surgeon carefully (a well experienced board-certified plastic surgeon) and trust in his/her advice. Keep in close communication with your surgeon and do not hesitate to communicate questions/concerns and the emotional swings that you may experience.

10. Resume all medications that you were using preoperatively when cleared by your plastic surgeon and stop the use of narcotics and sedatives as soon as feasible after surgery.

11. Keep in mind the end results as you go through the tougher emotional times after your surgery.

I hope this, and the attached link, helps.

Full or mini tummy tuck?

+1
Based on your photographs and your history of a 100 pound weight loss a full tummy tuck appears to be the best option.  Very often after substantial weight loss the muscles are found to be separated and are best treated with repair.  Considering that your problem is primarily loose skin and your muscles probably need repair a full tummy tuck is the best idea.   will probably also benefit with liposuction in the flank area.

John J. Edney, MD
Omaha Plastic Surgeon

What kind of tummy tuck do you need?

+1
Congratulations on your weight loss!  A full tummy tuck would serve you best.  I would also do some liposuction of your waist area at the same time.  Muscle plication would be done if needed--hard to tell from photos.  Good luck!

Carmen Kavali, MD

Full Tummy Tuck

+1
Congratulations on your weight loss!
Based on your photos -you are a very good candidate for Abdominoplasty ( Tummy Tuck)  with possible muscle repair-- will be determined by your surgeon. The incision will be from your left hip bone to the right as low as possible. It will produce the flattest, tightest results. 

Thomas Trevisani, Sr., MD

What do I need???? Mini or full tummy tuck with or without lipo?

+1
   A full tummy tuck will produce a better result than a minitummy tuck.  The need for plication is hard to determine without an exam.