I'm 17 and I've desired Rhinoplasty for a long time to fix my wide bulbous nose! What are your opinions? (photos)

I'm 17 & for a long time I've wanted a nose job. I'm insecure about my nose because it looks wide & bulbous. I hope to undergo rhinoplasty when I'm 18. I would like my nose slimmed down & less wide. Like the model Jessica White. People tell me I don't need a nose job but I feel it will improve my appearance & boost my confidence. Questions: 1) do you think rhinoplasty will improve my appearance? 2)prices & healing time for rhinoplasty? 3)Is 18 a suitable age to undergo rhinoplasty? Thanks!

I'm 17 and I've desired Rhinoplasty for a long time to fix my wide bulbous nose! What are your opinions?

+1
   The nose can be refined as you have suggested.   17 or 18 is a reasonable age for rhinoplasty.

+1
Yes, you are a beautiful, young girl!  A rhinoplasty would refine and reduce your nose to more fit your face.  This is not an unreasonable request and 18 is an appropriate age.

Nose surgery

+1
Tessatessaxo, I see no problem with you getting your nasal tip done if you so desire.  I do recommend due  the tip first and the nostril second. your age should not be a problem.  Make sure you see several facial plastic specialists and make sure you like their pre-and postoperative photos before you visit.  Good luck!

M. Sean Freeman, MD
Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

African American rhinoplasty.

+1
African American rhinoplasty will give u a more attractive nose by refining the tip, narrowing the nose and base. The surgery can be done now or next year. Bruising lasts about 2 weeks. The cost is $6K-7500. 

Rhinoplasty

+1
Refining the nasal tip is a common request along with narrowing the nostrils amongst ethnic patients.  It is advised that you wait until you are 18 years old before you undergo any nasal procedures.  It is best to consult with a board certified specialist with rhinoplasty who can assist you with achieving the results you seek.  3-dimensional computer imaging can also help you visualize what you might look like afterwards and serve as an important tool for communicating with your surgeon.  

Kimberly Lee, MD

Rhinoplasty for Bulbous nose

+1
First, you have a beautiful face and a beautiful smile.  You should know that it's possible to have tip rhinoplasty done, but people of color tend to have thicker soft skin and soft tissues over the cartilages of the tip of their nose.  For this reason, it's difficult to entirely and safely get rid of the bulbous tip and have a very "sharp" tip nose.  Michael Jackson's rhinoplasty saga (it's said he had 9 operations) should be a warning to surgeons and patients alike that when we pursue the impossible and fight nature too hard, failure is the rule.  Be sure to consult a board-certified surgeon who's experienced at ethnic rhinoplasty techniques.

Reza Momeni, MD
Summit Plastic Surgeon