Will Invisalign and expander fix my crossbite? (photo)

am a 20 year old female, I have a posterior cross bite on both sides, crowding at the front and a narrow upper jaw. I’ve been to two different orthodontists and asked both about invisalign treatment. One says I am suitable and the other says I am not as it would not fix my crossbite and suggested ceramic braces and expander. I would like my upper jaw expanded to give me a bigger smile so I was thinking maybe I could get a expander and invisalign. Do you think this would work

#Invisalign and a palatal expander

+1
Based on your photos and description of your issue, I would probably recommend a palatal expander, followed by Invisalign in your case.  I find that this combination seems to work pretty well and is a great hybrid of the two.  I suggest researching a cosmetic dentist that has the ability to pull this off.  Be sure to review their website and their Real Self profile to find a qualified doctor that is capable of the results that you want.  Good luck to you and I hope this helps. "Follow" me on Real Self to ask more questions of me.
Sarah Thompson, DMD
O'Fallon, IL and St. Louis, MO

Saint Louis Cosmetic Dentist

Will Invisalign and expander fix my crossbite?

+1
Palatal development followed by Invisalign would work well in your case. Consider a DNA or homioblock appliance for palatal development. 

Good luck!

Brad Lockhart, DDS
Tustin Cosmetic Dentist