I Asked a Question About my Tummy Tuck Getting Infected? (photo)

I had a tummy tuck 7 weeks ago and it got infected and ended have stitches taken out and now it's packed daily in a morning I'm flat by afternoon im bloated I seem to get pain around my belly button is this normal

Pain can vary

+2

Pain can vary at different times when dealing with a major open wound such as this.  I would highly suggest you show your surgeon the area that hurts to make sure you don't have an area of abscess walled off or another problem that needs to be addressed.  In any situation like this clear, close communication is key.  You can get ideas on the internet from forums like this but they do not substitute for frequent office visits with your surgeon as well as very close communications of any questions or changes.  With diligent care this will heal up and then hopefully a scar revision can ultimately be done.  I'm sorry to hear you are going through this and hope it heals up quickly.  Good luck!

Cherry Hill Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck Infected

+2

It looks like this is healing in. The discomfort is not surprising or alarming. The bloating that gets worse as the day progresses in not uncommon even without wound healing issues. Expect to be dealing with the open wound for a month, and that a revision may be in the cards 6 months or so down the road. 

All the best. 

I Asked a Question About my Tummy Tuck Getting Infected?

+1

This is a common complication following TT of a wound dehiscence and necrosis. It appears you had a higher %age of this happening due to you over weight appearance, any smoking history could increase this happening. Your surgeon seems to be treating you correctly. Healing with take a few months. 

Major wound problems are uncommon after abdominoplasty.

+1

You clearly have a major one problem that will require diligent wound toilet. It will take several weeks for this to heal and a scar revision may be necessary in the future. Fluctuating swelling is part of the healing process.