I'm 58 yr old female with fallen jowls, hooded eyes, sunken cheeks, and wrinkles. What treatment would you recommend?

I suffered depression for over 30yrs after a lot of tradgedt in my life. So years of taking all sorts of Antidepressants and Anxiety have taken their toll I was also a smoker.I have Fallen jowls. Hooded eyes Sunken cheeks. Wrinkles and lines on my eyes and around my mouth and cheeks. I have never looked even pretty but always looked younger than my age Not any more. Can anyone help please

Facelift, blepharoplasty

+2
Yes, there is a lot to do and can be done to enhance the appearance for the positive. The jowls, the wrinkles, the hooding of the eyes, the sunken cheeks and other age related changes can be improved with surgery and other modalities.
However, I highly recommend that it be done when a patient is in a good place emotionally, socially, financially and of course in good physical health.
Doing such surgery in a depressed state of mind is not going to make one feel better.  

I wish you well in your life.

Plantation Plastic Surgeon

Turning back time after tragedy

+1
  • I am sorry life has been so hard,
  • I hope you have stopped smoking - important for a good surgical result,
  • Your description suggests that blepharoplasty, fat transfers, a mid-face lift and face/neck lift 
  • Combined with skin care and at a later time, a resurfacing peel or laser might restore your looks.
  • Best wishes.

Elizabeth Morgan, MD, PhD

A customized approach will work best.

+1
I’m sorry to hear about the past troubles you’ve had, and agree that the right combination of procedures can likely address many of your concerns. The first step is to find a board certified plastic surgeon who specializes in facial rejuvenation, and work closely with him or her to determine the best approach for you. From your description, you may be able to see very positive results from a facelift for fallen jowls along with BOTOX® for crow’s feet and eyelid surgery for your hooded lids. Deep wrinkles around the mouth can be improved with dermal fillers and resurfacing, while fat transfer can restore some volume to the mid face. Of course, an in-person consultation will give you a far better idea of your options.

Nirav Savalia, MD

Correction of jowls, eyelid hooding and sunken cheeks

+1
A combination of facelift, upper blepharoplasty and possible filler or fat injection to restore volume in your cheeks may be your best option.

However you need to consult a plastic surgeon for an in person examination and consultation.

It is essential that you refrain from smoking or taking nicotine and any form for at least 5-8 weeks before facelift surgery.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

Facial Rejuvenation Procedures

+1
Without photos it is hard to mention specific surgical procedures. However from your description you should ask your plastic surgeon about a face lift, fat transfer or fillers to your cheeks, and eyelid surgery. Peels, Dermabrasion or Laser treatment might be beneficial for your lines about your lips.

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS

I Am Feeling and Looking Aged? What Surgery Do You Recommend?

+1
In the first place, you need a caring plastic surgeon who can help you sort out what is bothering you most, taking into account your psychological and physical health. There is no formula for facial rejuvenation and no one approach is suitable for all. Surgery may be the best way to restore a youthful, more refreshed look, but there adjuncts, like lipo-filling, laser resurfacing, medical skin care, that can go a long way to making you look and feel better. While re-suspension of the fallen facial tissues with a facelifting procedure is the most powerful way to obtain facial rejuvenation, there are many adjuncts that are used with and without a facelift that can helpful.
 It is good to quit smoking since smokers age about ten years faster than their twins, studies have shown, and smoking makes facelift surgery more prone to skin necrosis.
  All of these issues would be addressed when you have an in person consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon

Robert M. Lowen, MD
Mountain View Plastic Surgeon

58 yr old female with fallen jowls, hooded eyes, sunken cheeks, and wrinkles.

+1
Hello and thank you for your question.

You give a lot of information about both your physical state and emotional contributing history. All these things will help you and your Plastic Surgeon put together options of what is best for you physically and fits your state emotionally.

It would appear from your information that you will benefit enormously from a facelift with eyelid tuck(blepharoplasty). However, that's just based on the little information I have at hand.

I recommend you sit face-to-face with a Plastic Surgeon. Let him accurately assess your face and neck, and listen to your concerns and who you are. That way he can discuss with you, and arrive at options for your treatment. Even with the best of intentions, an online forum cannot give you appropriate and accurate assessment.

As Specialist Surgeons, we have a whole repertoire of surgical and non-surgical options available. You may be best treated with some combination of these.

I hope I have been of some help. Good luck in your search to find the best alternatives for you.

Mark Edinburg, MBBCH, FRACS
Sydney Plastic Surgeon

Facial changes of aging, wrinkles jowls and hooded eyelids

+1
The hooded upper eyelids are best treated with an upper blepharoplasty to remove excess skin and a small amount of fat in the upper lids.
A comprehensive lower face neck lift  can address tightening up the jowls, removal of neck fatty deposits, tightening the facial and neck muscles and tightening up  loose facial and neck skin.
For many examples, please see the link below

Facial rejuvenation surgery generally well received and a 58-year-old.

+1
Without a photograph it is impossible to comment specifically. However most patients age synchronously so a full facelift often times combines eyelid surgery would yield an excellent result.

58 year old female seeking rejuvenation

+1
I'm sorry you have been through so much. Congratulations on quitting smoking. There are many procedures that could be helpful, but an in-person consultation would be required to let you know exactly what would be best to address your concerns.

For some, fat grafting can be a very effective means of "turning back the clock"

Michael Law, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon