Will I Get Good Results from a Tummy Tuck? (photo)

After pregnancy and loosing three stone, I am left with a large stomach in comparison to the rest of me. I have worked hard at diet and gym and am happy with my results, but nothing seems to work on my stomach. Is this mostly fat that can be slimmed and tightened further, or is it loose skin? will I need a full tummy tuck or mini tummy tuck? will a tummy tuck remove most/all of my stretch marks? is it always necessary for the scar to run hip to hip? any advice welcomed

Tummy tuck removes stretch marks

+1

You are an ideal candidate for a Tummy Tuck, and yes, you need a "full" Tummy Tuck to remove as much of the loose skin as possible.. Abdominoplasty will not only remove most of the stretch marks, but will lower the remaining stretch marks to below the belly button, just above the scar, which will need to be "hip to hip". Your abdominal muscles will also be tightened, which will further flatten your lower belly. The scar usually becomes pale, flat and less visible over time, is hidden by your underwear or bathing suit, and is a small price to pay for the dramatic improvement you'll see overall. 

Cumberland Plastic Surgeon

Will I Get Good Results from a Tummy Tuck?

+1

I think that a short scar tummy tuck will minimize the scar burden but maximize skin removal and improve the look of the belly button and tummy.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of tummy tucks and short scar tummy tucks each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

For a protruding tummy with loose skin and stretch marks, a full tummy tuck works best.

+1

You are an ideal candidate for a tummy tuck.  Don't even think about a mini; you need a full tummy tuck to properly remove the extra loose skin and stretch marks (all of the stretch marks below you belly button will be removed.  The remaining stretch marks get moved down to just above your pubic area).  The muscle repair will correct your protruding belly.  No nonsurgical treatment can accomplish this and you cannot do it on your own.  Yes, the scar runs from hip to hip.  You won't mind as long as it is kept low, within your panty line.  If you like, read more in this section of my website, attached.  Check out before and after photos of patients that look similar to you.

Eric Swanson, MD
Kansas City Plastic Surgeon

Will I get good results from a tummy tuck?

+1

Dear CnC,

You will get a great result from a full tummy tuck.  Most of the stretch marks will be gone, and the ones that remain will be very low on the belly.  The following link is of a similar patient with loose skin.  Its important to shape the belly not just have a 'flat' stomach.

Pablo Prichard, MD

Pablo Prichard, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Good candidate for an abdominoplasty

+1

It appears that you will get a nice result from an appropriately performed abdominoplasty.   The trade off for a nice flat tight abdomen is the low transverse scar.  You can determine  how long the incision needs to be while you are in the sitting position.  The scar needs to extend out as far laterally as the edges of the overlapping skin.   

+1

Appears as if you are a great candidate for full TT. Best to see a few boarded PSs in person. Regards. 

Loose skin on abdomen and stretch marks need abdominoplasty

+1

You need full abdominoplasty with a scar that runs hip to hip.  There is no short cuts to good surgery.  You can expect great results if you find a qualified surgeon.

Vasdev Rai, MD

Expect an excellent result from abdominoplasty.

+1

In abdominoplasty will certainly flatten the abdomen and will remove most of the stretch marks and certainly all of them below the umbilicus. I think you should expect an excellent result from the procedure.

Lots of stretch marks and skin laxity - fulll or mini tummy tuck?

+1

I would definitely recommend the full tummy tuck.  I revise mini-tummy tucks because patient's simply don't get the look they intended.  Although the scar can be made shorter, it usually comes with a sacrifice in the result.  You will have a few stretch marks remaining since they ride above the belly button.  If you find a good surgeon, your results should be outstanding. Congratulations on losing the weight!  You've already done the hard part.

Brian Dorner, MD
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck

+1

Your problem is one of skin laxity after weight loss. Only a tummy tuck will correct this issue. The more loose skin present, the longer the incision necessary to remove the skin and give you a flat stomach.

Donald Griffin, MD