Doctor says I need to gain wait before fat transfer to buttocks. Advice?

I have just returned from surgeon who states I do not have enough fat to transfer to buttox. I have put on 1 stone in order to get prepared for the surgery and quite upset to be told this. I am a UK dress size 12/14 and have seen slimmer woman get this done. I don't understand, please advise?

BBL without weight gain

+1
Based on your description, you are very likely a good candidate for BBL.  Experienced plastic surgeons can find adequate volume for transfer and weight gain is not a good choice prior to the operation. Please seek a board-certified plastic surgeon with expertise in this operation who could show you many before and after 

Gaining weight for BBL

+1
I do not believe that people should gain weight in preparation for a BBL. The fat that is gained often just goes away after the surgery. This is why, very often people complain that the fat didn't last. I would recommend seeing another board certified plastic surgeon who specializes in this procedure and performs at least 6-8 per week. 

Matthew Schulman, MD

Brazilian butt lift

+1
I do not recommend that you gain weight either. Often there is enough fat reserve to give patients an augmentation.  Best to get a second opinion.

+1
I do not recommend weight gain.  Pictures would help, but BBL is likely very possible in you.

Find a board certified plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of Brazilian buttlifts each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.