Drinking Alcohol 12 Days Befor Full Tummy Tuck?

Hi I have a big party to go to 12 days befor my tummy tuck will I be ok to drink alcohol i am 11 and half stone and I am 5ft 6 I eat very Healthey don't no if this will help me can someone let me no thank you

Alcohol and surgery

+2

With regards to consuming alcohol preoperatively, I advise patients to stop drinking red wine approximately two weeks preoperatively.  Otherwise, it is important to do things in moderation and certainly not consume alcohol immediately preop.

Wellesley Plastic Surgeon

Alcohol 12 Days Post Op

+2

If you are taking medications, do not drink.  Discuss this with your surgeon, as you are still in the healing process.  Best wishes!

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Alcohol before surgery

+1

You should limit how much alcohol you consume as it can cause increase in bleeding.  It is not likely to be severe but as this is an elective surgery you want everything in your favor.  You could cancel the party or postpone the surgery if you feel like getting hammered. 

Robert Kearney, MD, FACS
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Alcohol before surgery

+1

I generally recommend that my patient's take their diet intake very serious the two weeks before surgery.   I recommend hydration, surgical vitamins, and a well balanced diet because I find the healthier a patient goes into surgery, the quicker and safer they recover.

I think a small amount of alcohol with hydration is acceptable, but I would caution against over indulgence.

Dr. Gill

Paul S. Gill, MD

Drinking alcohol before tummy tuck and plastic surgery

+1

It is generally acceptable to have some alcohol upto the night before any surgery as long as it is not much and your internist and surgeon does not advise against it.

S. Sean Younai, MD, FACS

Alcohol and 12 days before surgery

+1

I think alcohol in moderation 12 days before surgery is probably ok. It is always a good idea to ask your surgeon to see what his preference is.

+1

It is difficult to imagine how this could have any harmful effects on your upcoming surgery. Enjoy, and best wishes.