Breast implant sizing which would you recommend? (Photo)

I went to see a surgeon a yr ago,it wasnt what i hoped, id breastfed 2 kids (deflated breasts). ive lost weight since.i wear a 32b bra.i have tried the BWD & its 15cm (thats wide for someone thats not "a big lady" if i do it underneath my breast its 13cm) my waist 28",im 5'7" weight 131lb. i want high profile silicone & be a full D cup. last yr i was told i could have low profile,380cc, Im seeing another surgeon hope i can have high prof/moderate prof.i want projection. what would you recommend?

It requires a measurement of the breast width...

+2
Your breast has an associated natural width. If you measure the distance from where the ribs connect to the sternum, to where the ribs start to curve under the arms laterally, this is the measurement to take. We could call this the 'breast base' measure.

It would be ill-advised to try to fit a huge implant on a small base. The implant should rest comfortably on the breast base, otherwise any implant that overshoots the base under the arm will just 'float in the air' and curl and wrinkle.

In the end, your breast base is the determinant of the best size of implant. I hope this helps!

Montreal Plastic Surgeon

Breast implant sizing which would you recommend?

+2
Dear Natasha
Your question illustrates perfectly how implant size and shape are best determined by a combination of the patient's wishes, and the Plastic Surgeon's expertise, skill and understanding of the various pros and cons of different types of implants.
Natasha, I strongly suggest you consult with a Plastic Surgeon with whom you can communicate and have confidence in. There is no substitute for face-to-face consultations. That, in my opinion, is the best way for you to make a decision, understanding the various factors that help you arrive at the decision.
From your photos, you look like a good candidate for this type of surgery. You just need to fine tune your decision making in combination with your Plastic Surgeon.

Mark Edinburg, MBBCH, FRACS
Sydney Plastic Surgeon

Ptosis & deflation requires simultaneous lift

+2
At size 32 B each 100 cc’s of implant corresponds to 1 cup size change. To achieve a D would only require 200 cc implants. However, your bigger problem is the ptotic deflated breasts. I recommend a new technique called Breast Augmentation with Mini Ultimate Breast LiftTM. Using only a circumareola incision it is possible to reshape your breast tissue creating upper pole fullness, elevate them higher on the chest wall and more medial to increase your cleavage. Through the same incision, implants can be placed. Aligning the areola, breast tissue and implant over the bony prominence of the chest wall maximizes anterior projection with a minimal size implant. Small round textured silicone gel implants placed retro-pectoral look and feel more natural, are more stable, less likely to ripple or have complications needing revision. Implant profile is irrelevant in the retro-pectoral position since the muscle compresses it. 22% of women who undergo breast augmentation alone require revision within 2 years because they are dissatisfied with the result. If you place 380 cc implants retro-pectoral they will extrude inferiorly and laterally requiring revision.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D. 

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Breast uplift combined with implants may give you the best results

+2
From the photograph your nipples do lie in a slightly low position and I think an implant alone may not elevate the nipples sufficiently and it might be that you get a better result with a breast uplift procedure combined with an implant. The breast uplift improves the shape of the implant and the nipple position, whereas the implant gives you volume.
I think however, it would be best for a surgeon to see you in person to measure your bust and they will be able to give you a recommendation of the size that is appropriate for you. I hope this has been helpful.

Adrian Richards, MD
London Plastic Surgeon

Choose anatomical implant

+2
Thank you for your photograph and question

Its difficult to say conclusive from photographs still in my assement for 5 .7" and post pregnancy, post weight loss   there will be thin envelope. Anatomical implant will be better choise...which will correct the glandular ptosis better. . As you select more projection it becomes  more unnatural with visible upper inner border as there is thin envelope. For 32 band size 350 to 400 cc will give two size plus cup size. I think this basic information will help you to discuss with your surgeon and better outcome

Milan Doshi, MBBS, MCh
India Plastic Surgeon

+2
It is a very personal decision about the size of implant. In my opinion the range you have is 350 to 450 cc than you can chose the exact cc #./// 

+2

Thank you for the question and picture. Base on your photograph, you are starting at a great place and should have a very nice outcome with breast augmentation surgery.  However, despite good intentions, online consultants will not be able to provide you with  meaningful specific advice.  Ultimately, in person consultation with well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons will be necessary. Careful measurements, dimensional planning, and careful communication will be key.

Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering  breast augmentation surgery ( regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully.  Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you're looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your   desired goals  with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining which operation and/or breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals.
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or "C or D cup" etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.  The use of computer imaging may be very helpful during this communication phase.

3.  Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.

I hope this, and the attached link, helps.

Moderate profile plus breast implants are best for wide-based breasts

+2
Thank you for your question and photograph. You have a fairly wide-based breast and high profile implants may have too narrow a base for you. Moderate profile plus breast implants should be fine. Cup size is hard to estimate because manufacturers and stores label cup size according to their market and a C cup in one store can be called a D cup in another store.

That said many believe that 150 cc relates to a cup size. With this thinking, an implant in the 350-400 cc range should increase your B cup to a D cup in the same brand of bra.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

Breast

+2
Thank you for the picture.

In my opinion a breast lift will benefit your case and with the placement of a 350-375 cc implants will definitely give you the breast enhancement and volume you're looking for at the end.

Dr. Campos

Jaime Campos Leon, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

+2
It's obvious from your photo and your wish for projection that the low profile would not be my first choice. The moderate and moderate+ profiles are the most natural if that is what you want. the high profiles usually look artificial and overdone, but that is the preferred look for some patients. It is not possible to comment on specific sizes without an exam but the 380 should fit your chest well. BTW, the measurement of breast width always needs to be done below the breast next to the ribs since that is where the implant will sit so you ar 13cm.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD