Does my belly button look ok, 8 weeks after a Tummy Tuck with Liposuction? (photos)

I am 8 weeks post op after a full tt with lipo and I always had a nice bb but now it looks awful I am worried about talking to my surgeon I would like some points of view from others it keep closing up all the time and you can really see the scar around it

Concerns about your belly button

+1

should be discussed with your surgeon.  Its your surgeon's job to try to achieve the absolute best result for you and your belly button as it is, is simply not a very pretty belly button.  Scarring will improve but that only addresses the redness of the scars.  Discuss your concerns with your surgeon and allow him/her to help you to a happy ending.

Does my belly button look ok, 8 weeks after a tummy tuck with liposuction?

+1
Your scars are still very immature as expected at 8 weeks post op. You probably need to massage it with  a bland ointment and feel free to consult your plastic surgeon about  your worries.

William Lambeth, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Belly button after tummy tuck

+1
Eight weeks is still to soon to be judging what the scar will look like. It takes about a year to know what the final scar will look like. You are still early in the healing process, just give it more time. One thing you should never do is to be worried about talking to your plastic surgeon about a concern of yours. Always feel free to to bring up issues that you are having. I would set up an appointment with them and let them know you are concerned with how your belly button is looking. Good luck.

Arun Rao, MD
Tucson Plastic Surgeon