Assuming my rhinoplasty will be successful, what can I expect my nose to look and feel like after 1 month?

I will be having (or is it getting?) a rhinoplasty in late November, and I know that there is the possibility that it won't be successful or I won't like the results and also the possibility for complications, but assuming that everything goes well, how close to the final results are noses after 1 month of recovery? (I worded that a bit strangely) I mean, how swollen or hard or "atypical" are noses usually after 1 month of recovery? Do they look normal?

+1
  There are many variables here : open vs closed, amount of dissection, use of grafts or implants, etc.  Many of my patients look very good at 2 or 3 weeks, but there is variability in the amount of time to heal.

Rhinoplasty healing time

+1
There is too many variables  that affect the healing rates such as such as closed techniques versus open techniques, skin thickness and type, any actual surgical procedures performed such as suture techniques to the nasal tip and cartilage grafting. As a general rule plan on 70% of the swelling gone in the nose after one month, and 30% takes a full year to subside.

What to expect during recovery after rhinoplasty

+1
While still swollen, most noses will begin to look "normal" at 2 weeks following surgery.  At 1 month into your recovery, your nose will still have some swelling and may feel a bit firm and stiff (60-80% of swelling will resolve in the first 3-6 months) but you should be back to full activity and your normal routine.  

Donald B. Yoo, MD