Do I need an alar reduction to get a more Western looking nose like Doutzen Kroes? (Photo)

Do I need an alar reduction? My goal of my future nosejob is to have a nose like Doutzen when smiling and not smiling, a nose with no hump and a nose tip that is more refined and nostrils that show more when I am not smiling. Please see photos and comparision please. Is my goal realistic and would this suit me? I am currently in my early twenties and I since I can feel the bone when touching my bridge I am suspecting that I might have thin skin on the bridge, not sure about my nose tip though.

Nose like Doutzen Kroes

Many thanks for the question.Yes your expectations are achievable.You need tip plasty ( narrowing the width and rotation cranially to begin  since it not well defined and dropping , along with hump removal.Once the tip is done well some alar correction will take place naturally and perhaps actively alar correction may not be needed.

The nose you fancy

Thank you for your inquiry!

It seems that you are a good candidate for a conservative rhinoplasty with an internal approach providing you with the look you fancy. However, without a physical examination it is not possible to provide you with specific details. I highly recommend that you schedule a consultation with a well-experienced surgeon.

It is important to mention that the finest cosmetic results in any particular case are based on a variety of factors, including: the unique anatomy of the patient, realistic expectations, a well-informed and detailed discussion with your plastic surgeon concerning the best options for you especially covering a deep understanding of the pros and cons of any given choice you will adopt.

Please keep in mind that following the advice from a surgeon online who offers to tell you what to do without a physical examination covering the nature and the status of the tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history, and discussing the pros and cons of each operative solution would not be in your best interest. With that in mind, it is the safest and for your best interest to find a plastic surgeon with solid experience and certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery who is ideally a member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons that you will trust and be comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.

Good luck!!!

Ali Sajjadian, MD FACS

Ali Sajjadian, MD, FACS

Do I need an alar reduction to get a more Western looking nose like Doutzen Kroes?

If you are going to refine your tip, the alar base should always be considered.