25 yrs old with a saggy neck/ double chin. What do you recommend? (Photo)

I feel my profile is aging because i dont have any definition to my jawline, im a slim girl but have a double chin and barely any jawline. is there a treatment that can sort this? such a liposuction? filler to my chin? any suggestions much appreciated, pls see my photo of me currently & me after photoshop of how id like my jaw to look....

Chin/jawline lipo at age 25?

+2
You probably don't have much excess fat in the submental area, but that can be addressed at the time of surgery. Liposuction (any variety, including SmartLipo) won't be the magic bullet here, since your skin is youthful and does not need any sort of "tightening." If you do have excess fat it is a small amount. I think you would benefit most from a conservative chin implant using a Mittleman pre-jowl implant that provides very little additional anterior projection, but "fills-in" the pre-jowl area ever so slightly and strengthens your jawline. Your well-executed photoshop actually gave me the ideal solution.

This is a straightforward operation using an almost invisible 1 inch incision behind the submental crease, and as I said earlier, any fat that IS present can be addressed at the same operation via the same incision. The implant is solid and you cannot tell it's there. Healing is pretty easy as well (a chin strap for a week day and night and a second week at night only), plus reduced strenuous activities for another week or two.

Liposuction does not address the structural basis for your dissatisfaction, and you probably have very little excess fat here anyway, so this would be an exercise in futility and disappointment. See one or more ABPS-certified plastic surgeons (ASAPS members) experience in facial surgery and get a few opinions. Just as the answers here are all over the board, you need to find out what sounds more appropriate, not what sounds like they're telling you what you want to hear. Click on the web reference link below for several of my own patient examples with chin implants.Best wishes! Dr. Tholen

Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

25 to with saggy neck/double chin. What do you recommend?

+2
Thank you for your question?  You have subtle changes of your neck, which is accentuating this area as well as your chin and jawline. Given your photos, it does appear that your com aunts would be ameliorated by liposuction of these areas to define your chin, neck, and jawline. Consult with a mastic surgeon well-versed in facial aesthetic surgery to discuss the various options and which procedure(s) will e the right one for you. Best wishes!

Lewis Albert Andres, MD

25 yrs old with a saggy neck/ double chin. What do you recommend?

+2
Hi and thanks for your question. IMHO your neck does not contain a double chin or is lax from the photos you have submitted. I would caution you against undergoing any surgical procedure.

Cosmetic surgery can be a slippery slope and if the patient does not stand to benefit, then the procedure(s) should not be carried out. Think about it and please reconsider your position. You are an attractive young woman and stand to lose more than gain. Good luck

Jose Perez-Gurri, MD

Chin liposuction

+1
Hi Poppet,
If only everyone had a neck and jawline as good as yours.  Often, family members who have a lower bone in the neck, called the hyoid bone, all have a full neck.  You have a very minor amount of fat below the chin (submental). I don't have the benefit of examining you, but this is what I see in your photos. There are a variety of ways to reduce this, with various fat suction methods. Be sure to see a board certified surgeon who has completed many years in a residency training program (not someone who has take a course over a weekend  or attended a single meeting to learn this artistic procedure).  You may want to actually hold off for some years.  All the best, "Dr. Joe"

Joe Gryskiewicz, MD, FACS
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Submental Smartlipo

+1
Thank you for posting a photo. It looks as if you would be a good candidate for Submental Smartlipo. This procedure will remove unwanted fat deposits while tightening the skin. It is best to consult with your surgeon to find out which procedure will benefit you. Good luck!

Bruce E. Katz, MD

Laser liposuction of the neckand a chin implant may give you the result that you want

+1
Thank you for your question and photograph.  You're very young and have good skin which should respond nicely to treatment.  The combination of laser liposuction of the upper neck and chin should remove the small amount of fat and tightened your skin.  The addition of the chin implant should improve your jawline.  For more information on this procedure please read the following link:

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

Chin and neck concerns

+1

At your age with the photos shown, I would be very hesitant to undergo any major neck lifting procedures. You certainly may be a candidate for liposuction, laser skin tightening, and possibly a chin implant.  

I think you would be able to achieve your desired results with these less invasive procedures.

I recommend a detailed physical exam by a board certified plastic surgeon to better discuss what procedure will be best for your particular anatomy.

Best Regards,

Dr. Stutman

Ross Stutman, MD
Mesa Plastic Surgeon

Neck lift candidate

+1
 to significantly improve the jawline similar to the photo shop results and a photograph, a neck lift would need to be considered. The neck lift involves removal of fat above and below the platysma muscle in the neck, and the platysma plasty to give a more angulated jawline. For many examples, this please see the link below to our neck lift photo gallery

Chin and neck contouring

+1
The best place to begin is with an actual in person consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon that can perform a physical exam.  By putting together your history, concerns, and physical exam findings s/he will able to put together a surgical plan to best suit your desires.  This could include any or all of the following: chin implant, platysmaplasty (tightening of the neck muscle), and/or liposuction under the chin.  Glad to help.

Ryan Stanton, MD