Will 240cc be too small for me? (photos)

Hello, I had my first consultation recently. I am 24, small 32/34b but I don't really fill them, 5 ft 5, 8 stone. I want to come out of this with a good C cup. After taking my measurements the surgeon said with my 10.5 BWD that 240cc round, high profile, under the muscle, will get me to the middle C cup I desire. Does this sound right? I'm worried this is just far to small for me and I'm going to lose cc's under the muscle also! He said he'd fit 275cc but wouldn't look as natural? Help!

240 cc breast implants is unlikely to make you a C cup

+2
I would suggest you read visit your plastic surgeon or consult another surgeon for a formal breast implant sizing system evaluation.  During your breast implant sizing evaluation implants of various sizes will be placed into your sports bra so that you can see what each volume looks like on your body.

Your tall with very nicely shaped natural breasts.  240 cc breast implants will look very natural and nice on you but in my experience you would likely be a full B rather than a mid C.  Understand that different retailers often label the same bra cup different sizes so you cannot rely on a specific cup size being the same at different shops.

Because you are tall you certainly can accommodate breast implants in the 325-350 cc range which are more likely to place you into a C cup bra and most retailers.

Use external sizers

+1
to help you visualize better what you will look like with that volume.  Use an unlined bra and one cup of rice in a knee high nylon stocking to give you an idea of what you will be like.  Realize cups sizes vary by manufacturer.

Curtis Wong, MD

Implant volume and cup size

+1
Since you already went for a consultation and was given an approximate volume, best to do a baggy test with that volume at home and see what you think.

Be careful what you wish for!

+1
There are a lot of considerations in sizing breast implants in addition to size alone. It is important to evaluate the soft tissue you have to insure that the implants do not  cause a situation where there is inadequate support. While you can technically place nearly any size implant in a given individual a competent and experienced surgeon will evaluate your situation and make the appropriate suggestions in his discussions with you. 
Remember, no implant will be as good as your own tissues. You need to have your own tissues work to help camouflage the implants. This is a long term decision. Your body will change over time. These factors should be considered as well to insure long term satisfaction with your implants. 
Most patients are very happy with their implants.However you need to chose wisely.

Thomas R. Walek, MD
Providence Plastic Surgeon

Will 240cc be too small for me?

+1

Thank you for the question. Unfortunately, online consultants will not be able to provide you with specific enough advice to be truly helpful. Given your questions and concerns, you'll be best off spending additional time with your plastic surgeon communicating your goals carefully. Keep in mind, that there is no reliable correlation between the breast implant size/profile use and specific cup size achieved.

Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering  breast augmentation surgery ( regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully.  Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you're looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals  with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining  breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals. 

In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as  “natural”  or  "middle C cup”  etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

The use of computer imaging technology may also be very helpful during this communication process.

3.  Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,   allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.

I hope this (and the attached link, dedicated to petite patients) helps.

Picking the right size for you

+1
Its difficult to determine cup sizes because cup sizes are not standardized. They vary significantly by designer. So a C cup to you could be a B or even a D cup to someone else. I consider two factors when selecting implants for my patients:

1. Dimensional planning
2. Gel Implant Sizing system

Dimensional planning – The measurements of your chest wall are taken. Also, the breast dimensions including the height, width, and current dimensions of each breast form the basis of dimensional planning. Based on these measurements, the implant size is recommended. This will give you a unique breast implant that is suited for your body frame. However, there are some limitations of what size we can recommend. For instance, some implants may just be too big for a narrow chest wall. Your surgeon can review this with you during the consultation.

Gel Implant Sizing system – During the preliminary breast implant consultation, you will be provided with an option to “try on” a variety of implant shapes and sizes. You can also visualize the possible outcomes of your surgery which helps you to get that perfect size to give you the shape that you longed for. This way your preferences are known and you can then pick a range of implants that will “fit” just right to give a soft natural fuller look. Hope this helps.

Dr. Basu
Houston, TX

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

240cc breast implants Too small?

+1
240cc's could be a very good size for you. Hopefully you have used photos as a way to communicate your goals Behind the muscle definitely makes sense. Just as important as the size and placement of the implant is the shape of the breast implant and placement on the chest wall. 

If you have doubts. speak to your plastic surgeon prior to your surgery to be sure you are on the same page. 

Michael Law, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon