Confusion over Acne Scaring Treatments?

Having researched for scar treatments over the years, it seems that at most a combination of invasive procedures could result in a 15% improvement and if you’re lucky no serious complications. If lasers are so safe and effective in rejuvenation, why don’t the 'experts' have this performed on themselves and why all the contradictory statements regarding improvement percentages? I fear that vulnerable, desperate people like myself are being given false hope for financial gain. It is wicked.

Confusion Over Acne Scar Treatments

+2

I would suggest you find a board-certified dermatologist or facial plastic surgeon who is experienced in treating acne scars in a variety of ways and get a consultation with that doctor. Nothing replaces an in-office consultation with a reliable, trustworthy, reputable board-certified physician. It sounds like you are basing your judgements on what you are reading on the internet which quite frankly isn't always that reliable. Good luck!

Acne Scar Treatment Confusion

+1

There are many treatment options available for improving acne scars; it is important to meet with a board-certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon, who specializes in acne scar treatment, to review all of your options. Newer, fractional laser treatments have proven to be the most effective permanent options for the treatment of pitted acne scars.  I personally find that the Fractional CO2 laser delivers the most impressive improvement, usually between 50-70% improvement of acne scarring after a single treatment.  Your doctor will determine if this is an appropriate treatment for your skin type, and if not, they can review the other treatment options based on your skin.

Eric Schweiger, MD

Hello

+1

The options you have for your acne scars are Laser treatment, as Profractional laser or even a mini face lift to stretch out the skin and get rid of the scars. Fillers are not long lasting results. You should look into laser. Good luck

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS