Cheek Lift Options

For many years I've been loving my big cheeks "the baby face". I know how life's' anatomy works. I'm getting older (28 years) and slowly the picture in the mirror change. I don't mind the fine lines but the skin elasticity is my problem. My cheeks are slowly falling down. I'm not so good at explaining but I've attached some pictures hopefully they can guide you in the right direction. In one of the pictures I've tried to show the result i'm dreaming of by lifting the cheek with my finger.thanks

Cheek Lift Options

+1

At age 28 having “fine lines” and “skin elasticity” as significant problems is quite unusual. Instead of focusing in on what treatments options there may be, I would recommend first starting with attempting to find out why these issues are appearing at such a young age. This could have a very real and direct impact on what options would even make sense and the likelihood of success as well. First thing's first - you need to have an in person consultation with a board certified physician!

Cherry Hill Plastic Surgeon

Cheek lift options

+1

At 28 years old there is really no cheek lift procedure indicated at such a young age.  If the cheek area is very flat or hollow from buccal fad pad atrophy, consideration for cheek implants can be made.  The cheek implant procedure involves the insertion of a small silastic implant through an intraoral incision and placing it directly over the maxilla.  This augments and slightly lifts the cheek area.

Cheek Augmentation

+1

I think augmenting the cheeks with a filler can make a big improvement in this area.  I use Radiesse in the cheeks and it lasts about a year.  

Alabama Facial Plastic Surgeon

Cheek Lift ?

+1

Without seeing a full set of facial photos and examining you the solution has several options.

Generally at your age this is a prominent low positioned Bichet's (buccal) fat pad or less likely early mid face laxity.

If it is the former the fat pad can be repositioned or modified.

I would be concerned that fillers would add too much bulk.

Making an appointment with a Board Certified Facial Plastic Surgeon can detail these options further for you.

Best wishes 

Naples Facial Plastic Surgeon

Cheek lift done through the mouth corrects mid face sagging.

+1

Hi. 

You are quite young, but there is no question that you have mid face sagging.  Just going by pictures, I don't think fillers or implants will help.

Early facial aging with loose skin.

+1

You have a common problem of early genetic aging--thanks parents! For now you could have Radiesse  for your naso-labial creases and corners of your mouth. Eventually you will need a mini lift to remove excess skin and do what your fingers are doing in the photo. No cheek lift!

Cheek Lift

+1

Your photo suggests several possible approaches since you are young, thin but seem to have a little early loosening. The causes include sun damage, steroids or just being very thin.

I suggest you see a Board Certified Plastic Surgery but you might want to discuss:

• filler in the cheek folds and along the cheek bone (results are temporary)
  • tretinoin (Retin A is the brand name) skin care to correct sun damage
  • a malar or cheek lift
  • small cheek implants

If you are thinner than ideal, gaining a few pounds helps a lot.

Hope this helps!

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.