Where Can I Remove my Butt Silicone Injections? (photo)

in September 2010 i had silicone butt injections, a year later i started to have problems . my butt hurts like hell it itches like fleas its hard as a rock its discolored and it's spreading down my legs.. i am miserable and i can't sleep or concentrate . i went to the hospital and took medication but ever since i have it monthly . the problem now is that the medication doesn't work like before any more and have to remove the silicone out. where can i have it removed ??

Removal of silicone from buttocks

+1

Silicone injections in various parts of the body has been done quite frequently all over the country.  The difficulty with silicone injections begins with the quality of the silicone itself.  I have seen many cases where industrial grade silicone has been injected inside the human body.  This can be a tremendous disaster.  Problems can include infections, granulomas, cellulitis, and persistent skin infections, disfigurement and skin dimpling.  It is very easy to have silicone injected, but very difficult to have it removed.  The removal can frequently be very complex and involved lengthy surgery. Multiple operation is not uncommon.   It is not uncommon to expect scars in locations that would otherwise be undesirable.  If you do have silicone, or are having problem with silicone that was injected by a non-healthcare provider then you should certainly seek medical attention.  Some solutions include IV antibiotics, oral antibiotics and surgery after the inflammation has subsided.  Removing the silicone is not just a cosmetic issue but also an issue of better health.  Depending on the type of silicone injected concerns with autoimmune diseases and infections are foremost.  Taking medications such as ibuprofen or cortisone is only a temporary measure.  The real solution is surgery.  Not all plastic surgeons are willing to operate on patients who have had silicone injected in their body.  Many of these cases are not covered by insurance because they were performed for cosmetic reasons.  My recommendation to anyone that has had silicone injections and wishes to have it removed, is to seek a board certified plastic surgeon who is likely willing to do more than 1 operation as well as willing to do some of these operations in a hospital setting. I have had patients visit me for removal of silicone and the discussion to proceed is never an easy one.

Management of silicone in the buttocks

+1

Buttock silicone is difficult to remove, depending on the type of silicone used. I see many of these patients and apply conservative management to control the inflammatory response and subclinical infection.

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD FACS

Los Angeles

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS