Can a mole fade in time and only leave a bit of pigment behind?

I had a mole about 2mm and medium brown inbetween my fingers. I never thought much about it until recently I noticed it had faded. I never grew or looked weird, but it just faded and now I only see a bit of pigment left I look really hard. Can this be a normal process?

Moles and color changes

+1
Moles can grow and become darker or lighter in color.  There is no way to tell the nature of the lesion without examining the lesion itself and possible biopsy of the mole.  Please consult a board certified dermatologist for examination.

Can moles fade in color over time

+1
Any mole that changes colors should be examined in person by a trained professional. It is always your safest bet to go this route.

"This answer has been solicited without seeing this patient and cannot be held as true medical advice, but only opinion. Seek in-person treatment with a trained medical professional for appropriate care."

F. Victor Rueckl, MD