Unilateral Breast Reduction Even Out?

Hi I had a unilateral breast reduction on right breast 3 weeks Ago to correct breast asymentry. Swelling is starting to reduce and shape is starting to even out. Look Ok in a bra, but without, my corrected breast is a lot higher and lifted. Over time, will gravity and reduction in swelling eventually make this look natural and match my non corrected breast as my surgeon says it will. So concerned that I should have got other breast lifted or altered

3 Weeks Out from Unilateral Breast Reduction

+1

For a unilateral breast reduction, wait 6 months before trying to assess symmetry with the other breast.  Swelling will decrease and skin laxity will increase.  The natural tendency is to fall, so being higher at the beginning should be observed in a good result.

Breast asymmetry can be well corrected.

+1

Hi.

Sit tight and be optimistic.  You will know for sure in four months.  There is nothing to do for now in any case.

Concerns about Breast Asymmetry after Breast Reduction?

+1

Congratulations on having undergone the breast procedure.

As you can imagine, without direct examination is not possible to give you precise advice. However, it is safe to say that, after 3 weeks, you are not seeing the final results of the procedure performed. I also think that your  thoughts about “gravity and reduction in swelling”  our valid and that you may see improved breast symmetry over the course of the next several months.

In the meantime, I would suggest continued patience and continued follow-up with your plastic surgeon.

Best wishes;  hopefully, you will be very please with the long-term outcome of the breast reduction procedure.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_breastReduction.htm

May take 3-6 Months for Symmetry after Unilateral Breast Reduction

+1

It typically takes 3 to 6 months for a breast to "settle" after a breast reduction. So after 3 weeks, there is still time for some improvement to occur.

Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Uneveness after unilateral breast surgery

+1

Your plastic surgeon is in the best position to know the answer to your question.  In general it can be difficult to achieve absolute symmetry in your particular situation since you are only operating on one side.  The goal should be to make the breasts evener.   After the breast has settled down for about 6 months you could consider a revision surgery.  

Height variation after unilateral reduction

+1
Your asymmetry is to be expected. Reducing only one breast solves only part of the problem and generally patients need revision to achieve more symmetry. That said, it is much too early to consider secondary surgery on the other side and your surgeon is correct in encouraging you to wait. I would not expect the breasts to "match" because, even without your issue, they never do. It is all a matter of degree.

Unilateral breast surgery

+1

Since one side is operated and the other is not, of course there will be differences. This will persist until the operated side is fully healed, which can take a year. This is always a finding with surgery performed on one breast and not the other, but does not mean that there is a problem. Usually, for Breast Reduction, both sides are operated. This helps patients feel symmetrical faster. With one sided surgery, the waiting after the procedure is often the hardest part. You have provided no before and after pictures, so it is difficult to provide much more guidance. Hang in there.

Web reference: http://www.drmele.com/breast-reduction.html

Walnut Creek Plastic Surgeon