Unhappy With Results Of BA- Not As Big As I Wanted. (photo)

I initially was no cup, I have 300c Submuscular Cohesive Gel breast implant I am smaller than what I thought that i would be, sometime I can fit a 34c but not completer other time I can barely fit a 36B from the looks of my befor to after am I a c also it has been 7 months since my BA surgery....Once again I was completely flat barely any muscle I wonder if I should have did 350cc or 400cc, I am 130 pounds 5'4, I was afraid of having complete numbness if I would've had 350cc's or 400cc's. Thanks

Unhappy with Results

+1
Your results look good, but you need to have the size that will make you feel good. Consult with your surgeon about the options for revision as he or she understands the scope of the original surgery and the specifics about you.

Your results look good

+1
Your results look very good and proportionate with your overall body contour. However, if you want to increase their size, a revision would be necessary. Is it worth the additional scarring and recovery process? 

Jerome Edelstein, MD

Desire For Larger Breasts Post Breast Augmentation

+1

Congratulations.  Your plastic surgeon did an incredible job of making everything look natural.  Now that the implants have been in for 7 months, your tissue has stretched and you should have no difficulty having larger implants placed.  The real problem is knowing what size you want as the final finished product. 

Unfortunately, sizing of breasts by bra size becomes very confusing to both patients and sometimes even plastic surgeons.  The brassiere industry has determined that a 34C is in fact a 36B.  And to make it even more confusing, this same 36B is a 32D.  What you are really looking for is neither a letter nor a number, but an appearance. 

There are software programs available today which can take your pre-operative pictures, change them to the 300cc implants you have now, and then show you what a 350, a 400 or even larger would make you look like.  Please contact your original plastic surgeon and see if he or she has these programs.  They can also be purchased off the internet by plastic surgeons on a case by case basis. 

S. Larry Schlesinger, MD, FACS
Honolulu Plastic Surgeon

Improvement in an already very nice result

+1

Hi there-

You appear to have achieved a very nice result, which was likely all that was possible (from a size point of view) at the time your surgery was done, considering the tight and thick nature of your skin and lack of breast tissue.

If, now that your skin and tissues have stretched a bit, you would like to achieve a larger size, this would be a relatively simple endeavor requiring simple exchange of your implants for larger ones.

Armando Soto, MD, FACS

+1

I see a difference between the posted befores and afters. But if not satisfied seek additional surgery. 

Breast augmentation size

+1
You look very good. In a patient with a completely flat chest, the plastic surgeon must balance the patient's desire for augmentation against the amount skin and tightness of that skin around the newly enlarged breast. I think your surgeon did the best that he could given your starting point, which is appropriate for your height and weight. Your healing is near or at completion. If you remain dissatisfiedi with the size of your implants, you could consider a reaugmentation to a larger size but I don't think that going up to 350 cc would be worth the expense or pain.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Too Small after Breast Augmentation

+1

Based on your pictures and the fact that you were flat-chested preoperatively, I believe you have had a nice result.  I find that in flat-chested patients you cannot always place a larger implant at the initial surgery due to the tightness of the tissue.  If you place too large an implant initially and the tissue doesn't stretch, you can end up with an unnatural appearing breast that looks fake.  It is also true that larger diameter implants could have increased your chances for sensory loss. 

There certainly are women whose tissue does stretch enough over time to subsequently increase to a larger implant.  At this point it appears that you could increase your size if that is your wish.

Donald Griffin, MD

You feel like you are too small after Breast Augmentation

+1

Bras are not regulated, so a Warners B cup is a Victoria Secret C which is a Fredericks of Hollywood D.  And a 32D is the exact same cup as a 34C.  So there are many factors that come into play as to what cup size you may be.  Generally I tell my patients that for a average size patient (5 foot 6 and 120 pounds) a total of 520 cc (which is the size of the implant AND the size of the breast tissue you started with) is a middle C in a Warners bra.  This can vary with the shape of the chest wall and many other factors however.  With your size of breasts in the photo, I would believe that you are about a B cup size in my book.  I tell my patients that one cup size change is about 150cc difference generally.  Good luck to you in finding your perfect size.

Dan Mills, MD

Too small after Breast Augmentation

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures.

Aesthetically speaking you appear to have achieved a very nice result after breast augmentation surgery. Since you are 7 months out of surgery I did not expect  the breasts to change significantly. If you feel that you're too small re augmentation with larger implants can be done with relatively minor recovery time.

If you decide to proceed with the  revisionary breast augmentation surgery  it will be very important to communicate your size goals with your surgeon.  In my practice I find the use of goal pictures to be very helpful.    I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or “C cup” or "fake looking" or "top heavy" means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

I use  intraoperative sizers and place the patient in the upright position to evaluate breast size. Use of these sizers also allow me to select the breast implant profile (low, moderate, moderate plus, high-profile) that would most likely achieve the patient's goals. The patient's goal pictures are hanging on the wall, and allow for direct comparison.
I have found that this system is very helpful in improving the chances of achieving the patient's goals as consistently as possible. 
By the way, the most common regret after this operation, is “I wish I was bigger”.